Is a guy getting you lingerie for your birthday an insult?

I'm not sure what to think ... is a guy thinking "I'm bored with this chick ... I'm gonna get her something to try to help" or is he just thinking "expensive gift = good."

• Yes
    30% (3)9% (1)19% (4)Vote
  • No
    70% (7)91% (10)81% (17)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
He's my boyfriend of a year, by the way. It makes me wonder if he's bored and want something sexier in the bedroom, so it's his backwards way of getting himself something. I'm not mad, just curious.

0|0
5|5

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's your SO he's thinking much more than expensive gift = good, that probably hasn't crossed his mind...

I'd only take it as an insult if he wasn't my SO...

0|0
    0|0
    • No, definitely not. Even if he says it's to spice things up it's not his intention to insult you at all. My advice is don't take it in a bad way.

You know him better than any of us but I really don't think he meant it in a bad way and I really don't think it should be taken in a bad way.

• Show All
    • Both, unfortunately. But usually, his good side outweighs his bad.

• Just pretend you're kinda air-headed to his games and he'll probably learn to speak the truth. It's a gentle way of saying I won't put up with your crap; a slow/gentle/oblivious kind of reaction is likely to be taken better by a guy like him (kind of irrational).

What Guys Said 5

• I'd think that it depends on what has been said between you (or by you) about the subject of 'being sexy', about your and his likes and dislikes in sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • He might have thought it was a good idea

0|0
    0|0
  • He is messing around with u, I got my friend a dildo for his 18th birthday and I got my friend a box of condoms for her birthday. however I got them real presents too

0|0
    0|0
  • How can that be an insult?

0|0
    0|0
    • Him trying to tell me that I bore him in bed. He can a be a really critical guy when it comes to appearance and things like that.

• Show All
    • He's giving himself a present for my birthday, which is lame! Ha, ha. I don't really care about that part ... I guess I'm just trying to predict if he's going to go on a douchery spree like he sometimes does. BTW, he's a science geek, not a party boy/jock that people on GAG crusade against, before anyone sprews venom about "chicks only date douches."

• I think your perception is a bit messed.

• I don't think it is.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• it's kind of a classic guy move, like what guy knows what to get a girl, EVER? haha, so lingerie can just be his easiest go to before jewelry. if you're really worried you should ask him... he'll probably tell you exactly what he was thinking.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you haven't discussed it, then yes..

as a funny side note.. today is my bf's birthday.. and his buddies last night, gave him a gift card to Victoria's Secret lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Guys buy lingerie for them..

Just like we buy it... for them.

• Or maybe he's just trying to be cute or something? :D Sometimes guys get really crappy/embarrassing gifts and think that it was a good present :D and be insulted if you didn't like it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not if he's my husband.

0|0
    0|0