Do glasses on a guy, really turn women off

I just read an answer on here where a girl told a guy that he should "get contacts". I wear glasses myself, and they look exactly the same as his, but I've gotten ladies in the past. Do I really need to get contacts, or was she being catty about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• glasses are sexy,

as long as they are not these link

glasses make a guy look sophisticated, classy, smart, sexy, rich, like Clark Kent

especially if the guy is very comfortable with himself

and if his glasses are real prescription glasses.

i have seen some guys walking around with just frames or fake plastic lenses just because they go with his outfit "Nerd Glasses" link that is what I see a lot of guys wearing but it doesn't make me attracted to them because they are fake wannabes lol "Nerd style" is what is in right now too, I have seen girls just wear fake glasses for the style too.

What Girls Said 20

• Some people look good in glasses and others don't. I personally prefer the way I look in contacts. I think my boyfriend looks slightly better in glasses though I still find him very attractive with out them on. If you feel comfortable/confident in the way you look with glasses then don't change just because some girl said they look bad.

• Glasses don't matter to me at all. I honestly don't understand why some girls might be bothered by them. There are so many shallow reasons like glasses that keep people from getting to know someone, and it really pisses me off. I don't get it. But I will agree with PoeticNinja that some people might not look as good in glasses... that still wouldn't make me completely ignore a guy, though.

• I actually really like glasses on guys I think it makes them look more sophisticated and smart. I'm very attracted to the artsey musician types who I generally associate with glasses. Before I started dating my boyfriend I had never seen him in glasses then one night I caught him with them on and lets just say I nearly died from to much attractiveness entering my vision.

• So why are you and "stillagoodgirl" the opposite here. She's saying when he put them on, she lost attractiveness, and you're saying when he put them on, he gained it?

• It really depends on the individual woman's preference, but I think glasses make a man smoldering hot in an adorably nerdy sort of way.

• Nope, glasses can look very good on some people, guys included.

• It was kind of cruel for her to say that about him. What if the shoe was on the other foot and she wore glasses and someone said that to her; How would she react? If she is judging others then she might need to take a long look in the mirror, we all have flaws, some good and bad. We also make mistakes and say something the wrong way sometimes, maybe that's the case?

• Glasses can actually be a turn on, if they fit a guy's face well...I am usually attracted to guys with glasses anyways. The woman that said she prefers contacts is being a bit superficial. I rarely notice a mans physic...it's all about his heart and mind...as long as he is hygienic and takes care of his body (ie isn't overweight due to lack of exercise and eating unhealthy foods).

• That was really shallow of her to say that.

I don't care if he has glasses, or if he doesn't. Glasses don't make people look ugly. It makes them look sophistocated. But stylish glasses look better. If you have glasses like Bubbles from the trailer park boys, it could take away from your looks.

• If I originally saw a guy without them its sometimes a turn off like at school I used to like this guy but after I was over him I saw him the next year and was like wow good thing he got glasses caz now I'm really over him.

• Some people are picky about this. My ex was. But it's your style- if you like wearing glasses and you don't like the idea of contacts- than don't change yourself just to try to make people like you.

• No way some nerds are better in the bedroom the head football player js

• Glasses or no glasses if he's hot he's hot.

• au contraire.

• No I like seeing glasses on a guy. I find it to be an interesting accessory men can really go with and without.

• Oh, that's because glasses didn't look good on him.

- It only turns me on if he looks attractive and sophisticated in them.

Other than that, they're better off with contacts on.

• Some guys look better with glasses.

• well guys who can pull off glasses is kinda my thing. sooooooo. quite the opposite.

• Looks are nothing, personality is everything...

• I like a guy with glasses D:

Seriously. I mean, it's not a decision making factor, but I like it.

• no, I prefer glasses actually.

What Guys Said 3

• In Illinois, it appears glasses on guys totally turn women off like an unplugged lamp. At nightclubs in Illinois, I have seen very few guys with glasses on the dance floor, and even recently at Six Flags Great America, only about maybe 1 to 1 and a half percent of guys who were with ladies waiting in line for rides had glasses.

• i've heard they make one look smart.. some women like contacts though but it shouldn't make much of a difference unless you've got on those harry potter glasses :)

• She is a mean spirited person for sure. Glasses are fine on men and women