Why?!?!?! I dye my hair a lot and my boyfriend always gets mad.

I dye my hair a lot and my boyfriend always gets mad. Lately its because I dyed it black and I'm a natural blonde. So I'm dying it back to blonde. But he got mad at me when I told him, so how do I fix this. I need advice from both guys and girls.

I also, want to put maybe some low lights in it but I don't know if I should because I don't want him to get mad at me again. The color would be a brown color, I have a pic of it on my profile of what it used to look like and that's what I want to do now!

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he doesn't want you to look too hot and that's why little things make him jealous when it comes to you changing your style, hair color, etc. The main thing is to dye it so you look how you want to look and what makes you feel good about yourself and how you look. You have to live with yourself 24/7 so never select any color or whatever else that you're not 100% comfortable with. I think he'll always come around to what you choose because I think that secretly he likes that you're independent enough to take care of how you look on your own. However, it's ok to take into consideration what your boyfriend thinks and you can try to please him whenever you can. But when it conflicts with what you want or do, always choose first what you want to do if you possibly can. The worst thing is for you to change how you look to some way you don't like because that will actually change your personality. I'm sure he won't want that. It's important to always be comfortable with yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• I personally like highlights in hair. I mean I don't like one bland color. If it's black you don't have to do anything to it, but I guess blond, or pink highlights? A little something more than just one plain color.

But I would suggest to just ask him why it made him so mad. I mean why lie about hair? Just ask him, and then ask him if he likes highlights.

• I have blonde in the black now but my roots are growing out so it's really bugging me.So I was just going to die it back to blonde so I don't have to worry about it anymore...

• He probably didn't like it because he liked you how you were, and then you changed your hair color so drastically.

And dying your hair kills it xD especially now because you have to bleach out the black :s

What Girls Said 5

• what?! he got mad?! I wouldn't care if my man got mad about me dying my hair! it's my own damn hair. I'll do w/e the h*ll I want with it lol.

i've dark brown hair but I go for highlights and multi-toned gradations all the time because I thnk it looks hot---maybe it's just me but I seriously would tell a guy to screw himself if he's gonna pick the colour my hair's gonna be.

• geez, your boyfriend sounds kinda controlling. shouldn't he just kiss you and tell you that you look pretty no matter what?

• It's your hair. You can do whatever you want with it. It's ok for him to not think a certain color suits you, but to get mad about it is a little childish IMO.

• wow I'm sorry but he is wayy out of order-i would never stand for that. it's your body and your hair so you do what you want with it! Never change for someone else!

• It's your hair, it shouldn't be that much of an issue. He can't control your hair and get mad when you change it. Next he'll be telling you can't wear pink on Tuesdays and other BS. I think he is being a little childish and controlling, he is in the wrong. If you want highlights get highlights. Unless you are dying your hair electric blue and being really tacky, he shouldn't say anything.