Eye makeup on a girl?

What do guys think of eye makeup on a girl?

i know guys hate makeup, but what if she only does eyes, like some black eyeliner and eyeshadow?

is it a turnoff?

thanks or wonderful answers! but I think a lot of you men answered that less is more, which is correct, and a lot of you even prefer no makeup, which is okay I guess...
but I think many men don't understand what eye makeup is, its purpose is not to cover anything up, it goes on eyelids but rather to add new colors to go with an outfit..only face makeup covers stuff up,

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine if you use makeup, just don't slather it on. I think the thing you should realize is that, while makeup may make you feel more confident in your looks and can help to hide blemishes or whatever, you look great without makeup. Personally I like girls who don't really wear makeup, but the fact that they wear makeup doesn't change my opinion on them.

I guess my advice is this: less is more. Seriously. It's totally fine to wear makeup, but if you put on even a little bit too much it can start to make you look like a slut, and nobody wants that.

• But eye makeup isn't for covering any blemishes, that's face makeup...eyemakeup as in new twistis and colors by using eye shadow and some eyeliner....most girls wear it as fashion, not to cover it up, in fact, I don't thnk eye makeup can cover anything up...its just an add on

• I agree that is quite a lot...but how about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqd6lwmz1pg

i do pretty much this all the time

• Although everything she put on did look good, I still find it a bit unnecessary. If you want to put in the time and effort every day to do up your eyes like that, go for it.

What Guys Said 13

• Haha, think a guy should speak up :P

Personally I don't like a lot of make up. So your correct when it comes to me lol.

Eyeliner is ok. But with eye shadow it would depend on her natural skin tone, the cloths she's wearing, her eye shape, her hair color. Because you have access to so many colors.

If it looks good then it looks good. The only thing in eye shadow I don't want to see is glitter.

• Thats interesting because many girls including me wear eyeliner and light brush of eyeshadow daily...i don't throw layers and layers of it on...but it adds a new twist to my outfit..and no guy ever told me it looked bad, in fact no guy ever told me anything at all...so I assume it looks fine...

• I'm completely agree with all 3 of you - many guys think that girl look fine with absolutely no make-up but the truth is that many girls/women - including myself - look A LOT better with some foundation [for those with blotchy skin and blemishes like I have], powder, blush, eyeshadow, lipgloss, and maybe some eyeliner and mascara as long as people can't really notice it. Make-up is supposed to enhance a girl's face, not disguise it.

• Well said =)

• I don't mind it. And it's not really a turn off unless you go to far with it. Personally I just don't see the point in eye make up.

• I like a girl with either no makeup or a light touch if she is going out. I see girls that got soo makeup on I "can't see her face"

just as a side note I hate girls who get the tips of there nails done and leave the rest of it blank. Like WTF you too lazy to fish it or are you abrade to get nail polish on your fingers? If you do your nails do the WHOLE fingernail not just the top half of it. Please!...

as for makeup eyeliner is ok if you use ONE color. Not multi color eyeliner. Use a single color that doesn't stand out too much and just do a light touch.

I like mast lipstick on a girl but there is this one red color that is soo bright and thick looking it makes you stare at her lips and are like OMG what was she thinking (maybe it's a way to get guys to stop looking at her boobs?) just a subtle color or not soo thick would be nice to show off your lips without making them the main focus point.

so to sum up all the good and bad, useing more than 1 color for eyeliner (vertical any way) and thick bright red/pink lipstick with just the tips of your fingernails done make you look lazy,slutty,trampish and just plain trying too hard.

a light single eyeliner color, a small touch of lipstick that doesn't make your lips stand out and if you want to paint your nails (any color that's nice) do them from finger to the tip. You look sophisticated,cute,easy on the eyes and approachable.

• mascara I think like the stuff that makes your eyelashes look bigger and the make up stuff that conceals the bloches on the skin and nothing else. Especially not that eye shadow stuff makes you look like a slut (which is not a good thing also makes you look desperate).

• Ha! OUCH! That's messed up. I think it DEPENDS on the technique of eye shadow you use.. how can MAKE UP make ANYONE a slut? lol you must have special make up slut radar!

• Well ya. I don't know I see people who just slather on blue eyeshadow on their eyelids and its gross. I don't even know if that's what its called. I just know it when I see it.

• I love the smokey eye effect that you girls do... I think it's very sexy , but just the eye's and a little bit on the lips is cool...

• i agree with Binary that more guys should speak up since it is geared towards guys by the sounds of the question. I myself like a little eyeshadow every once and a while...

• I really like girls with some black eyeliner and eyeshadow

• I find it very hott especially eyeliner just don't put to much on

• It depends on the girl with me. Usually the less makeup she needs the better, besides its not what attracted me to her in the first place lol.

• Umm thick thick eyeliner darker colors the better... and as for makeup make your skin look pale as possible

• well what I think it looks good on a girl is for her only putting makeup once in a while and not every day. for example if a girl goes to school she shouldn't have makeup (in my opinion) but if she's going out (especially on a date) to bars disco or just a dinner or to the movies.. she should put a little makeup yes to look sexier... but too much on anything is bad.

• hey as you have updated here ... it seems tht you never needed an opinion ! anyways you have git the verdict of men ! so I stand no chance to shed more light on the issue

• it hot but not to much.

What Girls Said 10

• I believe that they like whatever looks more natural, but still pretty of course.

Like some girls would benefit with some make-up while others don't need much, if any, but a black ring around the eyes, way too long eyelashes, and too much unnatural color on the face including the lips just isn't attractive on any girl.

• Very truue

• But I wear eyeliner and have naturally long eyelashes (so that part can't be helped) am I unattractive to you? that's a bit judgemental, what should I cut my eyelashes?

• Well since I can't even see a picture of you I can't judge from that but...probably not. I mean the ones that are fake - either from false eyelashes or a lot of mascara [or a certain one that makes eyelashes that long.] I would just suggest you not wear that much mascara - if any - so that they won't look too extreme.

and it's not a bit judgmental! geeze...I was obviously talking about wearing a ton of make-up which anyone in their right mind would think it's not that attractive.

• I personally love makeup...I think it's great! Wear it if you like it :) Just don't go overboard..I guess I can go a little overboard but it's weird cause that's when I get the most compliments? oh well..idk

• That is soooo true! I wear 'more' makeup when I wanna addd more twists to my outfit that day, and just have a dramatic look and women compliment me all the time, men don't say anything so I'm not sure what that means...

• Seriously why would you be bothered? Jesus! Look how you want to look-if you want to wear eye make-up then wear it! Are you that insecure that you need guys approval? And people won't like what I'm saying but I don't care. It's so frustrating seeing questions like this-do guys like this, will guys like that. I was like that in the past and then I realise why should anyone give a f**k what guys think?! Especially, with something as trivial as eye make-up.

• Geeze girl get a grip!

there's nothing wrong with wondering what makes a girl attractive to a guy, in fact more girls should wonder and know that.

• Its not about approval everyone is a stranger on this site, I just want a point of view, you asked for advice on a relationship so you're asking for a point of view in return, a new perspective from guys, doesn't mean you're going to literally take their advice and stick to it, if I want to satisfy my curiosity of what guys think of makeup doesn't mean I'm asking for approval...i just wanna know what they think of it...has nothing to do with esteem

• WOOT-WOOT! I agree! =]

• When I see a girl with loads of makeup on my impression is that either they are trying hard to seek attention or they have low self esteem and think that makes them look good and hence more liked...that's just the impression I get.

My boyfriend thinks I look worse the more makeup I pile on, and that I look best with minimalist makeup, ie. light smokey eyeliner, curled eyelashes and some blushes, sometimes a bit of concealer if skin looks especially bad on a certain day. He thinks I look best natural, and he isn't fooled by women who pile on makeup like there's no tomorrow, guys have a pretty good idea of what you look like without the makeup anyways. Even if not, it's quite a turnoff to not know what a face looks like don't you think?

When it comes down to it, extreme fashion and makeup really are about competing with other girls.

• Eye makeup looks different on different people.

• me, I LOVE makeup and I wear a ton of it,

my ex boyfriend saw me with less makeup on one day and said I look WAY better, but I disagree, what's up with that?

• it just shows that you take care of the way you look, I'm sure they like it just fine :)

• if its clean, its good. just some mascara goes a long way!

• Make up according to my guyfriends is cool. as long as I don't look like a clown lol

• They don't think much of make up. If its rightly done they'll like it otherwise not !

Infact you can ask them what do they think of girls who don't look the same without make-up ?