What do you think of girls with tattoos?

I'm not a big fan of tattoos, most are trashy in my opinion...

BUT I really love the tattoos on the girl on my profile pic! They look pretty amazing!

I think I want to do that on me.. would most people think that's too much? I don't see them trashy on her.

Or does it only look nice because she's naked? :p

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm head over heels for this girl I'm talking to and she just recently got a small tattoo on her side that is just really disappointing to me. I'm not going to stop talking to her though because I'm crazy about her and who she is, not what she looks like but I really wish she hadn't got the tattoo. I love her looks but ever since she got that tattoo it's like her image lost a lot of it's innocence. To some guys a tattoo might be a deal breaker, to others they just might really not like the tattoo like myself, others might love it or not care. Since men hold physical attraction higher than women I think tattoos on a partner are more of a big deal to men than women. I'm not telling you not to get a tattoo, it's your body, I'm just telling you how I view tattoos and that getting one might close off the options to some men, depending on the tattoo or the man.

• I see.. that's understandable.. I tend to be put off by anything gang related.. even if it isn't.. if it looks like it.. that's just something I will never go for.

However I'm not with anybody at the moment.. so I won't be disappointing anybody.. if someone doesn't like tats, then they simply won't be attracted to me.. and those who do.. will. :]!

• That doesn't mean they won't talk to you. I was just talking to a girl for a while at a party the other week who had a lot of tattoos who I wasn't attracted to, plus I'm seeing this other girl, but I'm pretty sure she developed a little bit of a crush on me while I was mainly just being friendly.

• Well, I believe that everything happens for a reason.. If I fall in love with someone who doesn't like tats, then maybe there's a reason for that.. but I highly doubt that will happen.

What Guys Said 32

• I'm the same as you. I don't mind tattoos and I have a few myself, but I don't like when its excessive. The girl in your photo is very attractive and I like the tattoos on her. They're tasteful and not in questionable places, like the lower back, hands, neck, face, etc.

• Personally, I think tattoos on girls are sexy, that is if they're artistic and tastefully applied, no tramp stamps or anything. Your profile pic is a good example of a girl who looks great with tattoos. But maybe I'm a bit biased or partial to girls with tattoos because I have tattoos as well, idk. That being said, they're not for everyone and if you're unsure about getting one, you're not ready for it.

• For a second...I thought it WAS you!

It's cool...I think tattoos can be artistically beautiful and thought provoking if there's substance and value behind the ink since tattoos are for life.

I wanna get something done on forearms or upper arm area but don't know what I want...and chances if I get one...I'll probably get more and it'll turn into a massive sleeve or half sleeve.

• haha, yea there's a possibility that they can become addicting xD

• For me, I'm still trying to pick out two lyrically deep lines (one for each forearm) from my fav songs from my fav bands that bests represent me that has a lot of meaning behind it ya know? And no..it's not 'here's my number' and 'call me maybe...' lol! XD (Although that would be amusing trying to pick up girls with it...LOL :P)

• hahahahha!

• Depends on where it is...if you want one placed the same spot as the one on your profile picture, that's cool, but the tattoo have to look good, it has to be a masterpiece of art.

Tbh, I'm not a big fan of tattoos, I've only seen a few that can make a tattoo look amazing, and they're mostly men. Some girls look good with tattoos, but I think they would look better without them, so I'd say a tattoo is something I would want my girlfriend not to have.

Hope this helped :)

• It only looks good in photo ops like this, for publicity..in real life, tattoos shout 'I AM DESPERATE FOR ATTENTION. or I WILL DO ANYTHING TO RIDE IN A JAGUAR...

• Tattoos are fine for anyone imo as long as they can be complety concealed to meet professional dress code! 8-)

• The more the better IMO

• Tattoos on a hot girl are hot. As you said, subtlety is key, sometimes less is more.

This is too much IMO

link

This is just plain retarded

link

But the one in your profile pic is hot.

• Those links are good examples of too much. There's definitely a line that can be crossed as far as girls with tattoos go. The profile pic is good, the links are not.

• Top one is so punk rock and rebellious. I like it! It's all a matter of taste anyways.

I'm surprised the tattoo artist did it on the forehead for the one on the bottom. Most tattoo artists will never do the face since there's liability involved.

• I'm not into tattoos. I won't judge other people who have tattoos, but I will not be with a girl that has a tattoo. I don't consider it modesty.

• It depends on where it is and how it looks. Sometimes it adds "aggressive style" girl, which I personally like. But for several years the tattoo may look awful.

• You mean when the person gets old and wrinkly? The tattoos become awful?

• You're right, I hope You won't have any tattoo. ;) Regards for You!

• Dzi kujemy! you too :]!

• Instant turn off, makes something that was pretty become nasty. I've seen girls before that at first I think are pretty, then you notice tattoos all over her and it just makes you lose complete interest

• Generally I don't like tattoos on a girl. Tattoos on a hot girl are basically an unattractive mark on an otherwise attractive body - they spoil a nice body, basically. And tattoos on an unattractive girl don't make her any more attractive. To me, at least. Some guys will think they're awesome/sexy though as everyone is different.

I think maybe once or twice I've seen nice/cool tattoos, but the vast vast majority of tattoos I've seen are crap, slutty, clich├ęd, or unoriginal.

The problem with tattoos though is obviously the permanence - if you get a piercing or some new clothes to change your look you can also undo these things, but if you change your mind about your tattoo you don't really have that option.

• So what do you think of the profile pic?

• The girl is hot, the spider tatto is lame, the "passion" tattoo is cheap, tacky, and unoriginal, but the butterflies on the arm aren't bad - they kind of add to her femininity in a way because butterflies are quite feminine. But she's hot regardless. The spider and the "passion" tattoos spoil her nice body and are tacky, and although the butterflies are kinda cool they don't make her more attractive. I think she would be more attractive without any of them.

• haha! okay :P

• I am not a fan of tattoos. I want to see and touch her natural skin; not tattood skin.

• nah, it looks bad. Turn off for me, even if she's naked.

• Are you straight?

• Nope, I'm curved and crooked all over. Tattoo's on women are just a big turn off for me, just like say for example macho guys are a big turn off for girls. It just goes down to self preferences. I don't like tats on girls and I don't like girls that smoke, because they give off trashy vibes to me. It may be that they do both and are the sweetest girl in the world, but the chances of that are slim.

• That girl in the pic probably can't even get a nice job cause of those tattoos and chances are she works at a bar where they wouldn't care about that kind of thing.

• And where is the answer to my question?

• lol. Oops my bad. I guess I erased it and got sidetracked. I'm not a big fan of tattoos. In my opinion they're really trashy. Unfortunately they seem to be really popular these days. I suppose if the girl had a small rose on her shoulder or something that would be OK and maybe kinda cute. The thing is most girls and guys get carried away and get an entire arm done or something like that.

• one small rose? I'm not a fan of tattoos but one small rose xD no, I much rather have blue butterflies on the entire arm :P

• it doesn't really sway me either way.

• They are beautiful when naked ;P

Serious answer: It all depends on who the person is etc.

People can be complete trash even without tattoos and their bits hanging out & vice-versa.

• not a fan. if it's something hidden and not to obvious it's okay, like a tattoo on her wrist, or ankle etc

• No a big fan of tattoss on woman either. The girl in your pic is cute and looks great nude, but do not like the tattoos.

• The more the merrier. Face tattoos though, not a big fan of.

• I don't care for them. Some types are hot, some or not.

• A well placed one can do wonders.

• For some reason I was expecting to hear something from you today, but no worries. Hope everything is going well for you. I was gonna send this to your email but I guess you deleted it so I made this. Miss you more than you could possibly know.

• ? ? ? I don't even have your real e-mail, so how could I send you anything? You said you deleted that fake one.. so where would I send you something? & I did leave you a message saying happy b-day, I thought "maybe" you'd see it... or you wouldn't even care. You disappeared!

• You have to be level 3 to send messages without being friends, just add me I'll delete this soon anyway.

• So if you're gonna delete it, what's the point in adding you? ;/

• "Or does it only look nice because she's naked?"

Her tattoos don't look as bad because she has a pretty face.

• :]! But the tatt's are pretty too ;p!

• The arm/shoulder one is a bit much. She's got a spider tattoo on her leg - weird. "Passion" on the side isn't too bad.

• The girl in the picture pulls them off well ;)

• a tattoo would look good on you if you drive around in an audi r8 heh

im not a big fan of the tattoos on that particular girl, just my personal opinion. I have seen girls with tattoos that I have been very attracted to. I think it all depends on what the tattoo is, how much of the body it covers, and where on the body. Most importantly though, it should have a meaning behind it.

sorry, I think that a girl with a butterfly tattoo or a tinkerbell tattoo just looks kind of foolish. just like how some girls think that guys with barbed wire tattoos and tribal tattoos are stupid.

The actual tattoo design and its meaning are the most important things. you should think about it and choose carefully haha

i will say that most guys do think girls with ink are hot, but they might not think too highly of your character. if I date girls with tattoos, I would always wonder what kind of girl they were before they met me/ what kind of things have they done... most likely not too innocent

• haha!

& I also think there should be a meaning behind a tattoo.. however, these butterflies are just so appealing to me (the colors of the tattoo against the skin) , and I love giant blue morpho butterflies, they are so beautiful! So I don't actually care if people think I'm foolish, (I just wanted to se others perspective on this) because it's appealing to me!

• like I said, if it has a meaning its cool...i actually didn't look closely enough to see that it was a butterfly tattoo, I just said that as an example lol

• I thought of lights when I saw that picture. link

Some girls can pull it off just don't get addicted to them because if you get one you'll probably get a lot more.

• Trashy. Generally a sign of low-self esteem and poor decision making skills.

Would never want to date someone who choses to artificially limit their life.

Huge red flag like smoking, drinking/drugs, daddy issues, abortion, ect.

• I generally don't care for them. Sometimes they don't bother me but I generally think people look better without them

• I agree! Most look best w/o... but I still love these tattoos :]!

• I don't like tatoos. They look bad honestly.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 5

• I don't find tattoos trashy in and of themselves. A lot depends on the tattoo, where it's at and the reason/meaning to the person. Tramp stamps.. not a fan. (Sorry if I offended anyone with that, but the QA was asking what we think, right?)

I personally have several, none of which are visible when I'm wearing t-shirt style tops except for one tiny one on my ankle, near my foot. My two favorites are from actual paintings. One is by Julie Bell called Possibilities Bound and has a very special meaning for me. The other, by Oleg Gavrilov is of two peacocks that form a butterfly that I just found to be beautiful.

I do find some to be less attractive than others, but if they are well done and tasteful in form or meaning, I think they can actually enhance the body. As for being trashy, I am more likely to think a woman or man trashy from their manner, speech and dress than from their tattoos.

• Biased though I am, I love them when they're tasteful/artsy.

I like the ones in the pic, though they aren't the usual type I find sexy..

I love these:

Ruby Rose: link link link

Sara Fabel: link link

I think that with tattoos it's really about how you present yourself. If you're always looking nice, not trashy, then the tattoos will come of as unique and more beautiful, rather than drunken mishaps.

• well as a girl with many of the tats that a lot on here seem to think are trashy or horrible . mine are tributes to my life and the placement shouldn't be associated with if I'm a tramp or not. I do have a tramp stamp, doesn't in anyway make me one. sorry you guys have such a mixed message to what a tramp stamp is yes it can be associated with being one I guess, because of name, but now a days its not . its just a beautiful place to show off artwork, don't believe that girls think of it in that way at all, maybe you can see it in the way we do. ... as a beautiful piece of art work, not trashy or mean that we are easy...my tats all have special meaning to me. they are not mistakes...thanks for your time...and its not from a lack of self esteem.

• Tatoos are great!Yay for self expression...get it if you want it...

• Not a fan