Did I hurt his feelings? (details inside)

I was talking to the guy I like; everything was fabulous: we were making lots of eye contact, flirting, smiling...It was really nice. He says to me, 'I want your shoes' (clearly he was joking) and asks what shoe size I am. So I say six, and he says it's going to be too small for him because he's a size 10...Here is where things get really embarrassing: I say to him wow that's weird, because you're kinda short (but I said it teasingly), and he laughs. We look at each other, smile...ahh it's bliss and I think I'm finally making headway. He's taller than me, about 5'8/5'9 but every guy in my school is like hitting six foot.

Me and my friend had been talking about guys who are short that have big genitalia (lol), and I stupidly say to him, really slowly, enunciating each freaking word: 'Ahh, so you're SHORT and you have BIG feet'. I didn't realize my mistake until my friend, who was next to me burst out laughing. Because I realized my stupidity and got very very embarrassed, I started laughing as well, and then made some excuse about needing to go to the toilet. I have a horrible feeling I've hurt his feelings---> I know how sensitive guys are about their height, so I was just wondering (and this question is framed for guys and girls): Do you think he took it the wrong way and felt insulted or did he take it as a joke? He's a laid-back kinda guy but I somehow got a hurt-vibe from him...

Sorry about the essay...:) Appreciate the answers

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm pretty sure he thinks you were joking and honestly I don't know if you even realize it the joke sounds like your hinting he has a big "thing".

Don't sweat it he is probably like "what"?

That's one way to look at it but just play the "Ditzsy card" and I'm sure you will be ok.

What Guys Said 1

• Guys are sensitive about two things there height and the length of there other area. I don't think he understood and yes was a little hurt.

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like he's insecure. just make sure you remind him it was just a joke, and if he can't get over that, then why stress it? I'm guessing he's young and isn't quite comfortable with every aspect of his body yet. honestly, I wouldn't even bring it up again. this way he sees that you're not making a big deal about it. he'll get the hint and realize you won't taunt him again. if he decided to confront you, then just apologize. but, I don't think it is that big of a deal.