What is your opinion on makeup on girls?

Do you prefer no makeup, just a little bit of like foundation and mascara or whatever, or do you like heavier makeup? Both guys and girls opinions accepted. And why do you like that amount of makeup?

Light amount - link

Heavy amount - link

• No Makeup
  • Little Makeup
  • Heavier Amount of Makeup
  • Other (Explain in comments)

Most Helpful Guy

• 'light' is nice for everyday. just enhance what is there and minimize 'blemishes'.

sometimes going a little more out there with colors and layers is great. I really like when girls do their eyes with something kinda dramatic. cat eyes, designs, bright colors and long lashes are hot for special events.

these are a good idea of what is hot.

link link link link

no makeup at all is not something I really like

What Guys Said 32

• A little is ideal. We know girls want to look good and if I get to know her well enough I'll see her without makeup anyway. Overdoing it is a problem. First off, I want to know the real her, not a fake her. Secondly, the heavy makeup girls are the types to do nothing but put on makeup all day, maybe walk about for a few minutes, then go to the bathroom to fix up the makeup and eventually the day is over.

• I chose other, I think a lot of makeup is disgusting, I hate it. In terms of no makeup or just a little it does not matter. I personally prefer no makeup but if a girl feels more beautiful with a little then she is, otherwise having none could make her feel embarrassed about all the imperfections she thinks she has. In short, the beauty of makeup is not in the product itself but in the confidence it gives.

• By the way this does not include formal events, putting a lot on for some formal gala or dance is great if done correctly, but again it is all about how beautiful the wearer feels.

• I like light if anything.. I don't like when a girl has a makeup face and she looks like a completely different person without it. It kind of creeps me out a bit.. haha

• I don't knock a girl with makeup, it does make most women look more attractive, but a woman who can rock the natural look is rare and awesome.

• I think too many women don't have a clue on how to apply makeup correctly. It's either way too much or the use of the materials doesn't look good. Some example would be odd colors that conflicts with the skin color or the entire Goth look. I don't like the warpaint when there's no battle to fight in. Even the heavy amount like is light compared to what I normally see.

• I think too many women don't have a clue on how to apply makeup correctly. It's either way too much or the use of the materials doesn't look good. Some example would be odd colors that conflicts with the skin color or the entire Goth look. I don't like the warpaint when there's no battle to fight in.

• Little to no makeup! I hate copious amounts on makeup on women, it's disgusting. I want to touch a girls face, kiss her and not come away with a face full of makeup on me! That first womans makeup ls so much sexier. Sadly, many women overuse makeup these days when they don't need it.

• light amount... enough to say accent your strenghts... if you have no eyes etc make them the focus kinda thing but its better when it looks natural

• I have been working in aquatics for the past 10 years or so. And girls would be instructing in the water, they do not wear makeup because it would just run off their face when it gets wet. Girls don't need makeup. Trust me, it may make hem look a little bit better, but it is not needed, I was still attracted to the girls when hey didn't wear makeup, actually when they put makeup on you could twel sometimes that they looked a little weirs, like somebody did something to their eyebrows or pulled back their face or I saw them that day and their face looks like it got a tan. Trust me its not needed

• Little or none. The first link is too much.

The second link is downright disgusting. That's a thing not a human. I wouldn't even want to be in the same room with it.

*Shudders* Now I'm gonna have nightmares.

• Since there is no "moderate" option, I voted C.

A well done makeup job with a moderate amount of makeup will make any female look better (if done correctly).

I like the look of the female with the heavier makeup example picture. :)

• No makeup

• Little to no makeup, I say. The less, the better.

• no makeup!

• I voted a little make up. I like to be able to recognize you with and without your makeup. I knew a girl in high school who wore TONS, I'd see her at school with her makeup on. But I still remember the times I saw her without, she looked like a completely different person, I could hardly recognize her. I swear she must have been a shape shifter or something...

• What's with women and heavy mascara? It's ramped in the mid west.

• I don't mind mascara and foundation.

• just enough make up to make her look not like a clown but her maximum extent gorgeous

• GOD has given a natural beautiful to girls, so why to make them bad?

yeah, little make up is good

• No make up or at the very most a very small amount. I still prefer women who have none.

• None

• No makeup. I don't think there is any need for it.

• HEAVY MAKEUP...looks really good on this person: link

• It all depends on the girl and how she pulls off the look

• Some make up especially on the eyes is beautiful. Heavy make up is a sign of insecurity and deficiency.

• Use a lot

• When a guy is attracted to a girl, they don't seem to notice how much makeup the woman is wearing. Typically the only time a guy does notice a woman wearing a lot of makeup is when the woman did a bad job putting it on. That is why so many guys say they prefer a woman with no makeup or with just a little, and then run straight toward the woman with a lot of makeup. It just depends on how the girl looks with the makeup on.

• Ugh. Little makeup. Some mascara, thin eyeliner, and maybe some lip gloss. That's enough. No need for eye shadow or any powders.

• If I can tell you're wearing make up, it's probably too much.

• little or none.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 32

• I like the first link, I'm not a huge fan of make up because it can make your skin break out bad if you put it on as heavy as the second link. If I absolutely HAD to wear makeup I would choose the first link but if it was for Halloween I wouldn't mind putting it on as heavy as the girl in the second link

• I personally use very little (less than your "light amount" picture). Just some mascara, concealer, and lipgloss and you're good to go. Moderate for going out, but I always find the natural look more appealing even if it is heavy makeup being worn. For example she's wearing a great deal of make up link but it still looks somewhat natural.

• It depends on the girl who's wearing the makeup. Personally, I don't like putting on heavy makeup. It makes me look too different, like I can't even recognize myself. I only go with mascara and foundation where needed. I don't even have time to spend more than 2 minutes on my makeup anyway, haha.

• I use little make-up. I don't even use foundation (or concealer). I don't feel like I need it. I usually use mascara and eye-liner or eye pencil.

• Guys like a little bit of make-up, even if they don't realize it. Every woman has flaws, let's not kid ourselves. And the most attractive you'll look is when you slightly cover up your flaws and enhance your pretty features. So one coat of foundation and mascara is enough and eye shadows should not be layered on unless you're going clubbing.

• Save the heavy make-up for special occasions, so you can still surprise him with it.

• light makeup for everyday wear. I only accentuate my eyebrows, brown eyeshadow and white around the inner corners, eyeliner, concealer, mascara, and blush. Depending on the occasion and my mood, I sometimes use navy blue eyeliner because I think it brings out my brown eyes more than black eyeliner does. When going out with friends I just wear darker shades of eyeshadow.

• The light look is what I wear maybe even a little more than what I wear. I do foundation and blush, eyeliner and mascara. I add Chapstick if my lips are being crappy that day. I don't bother with eyeshadow or highlighting and contouring and lip stuff.

• I think little makeup looks best, but I don't think anyone should be telling anyone how much makeup they should be wearing.

• I think the biggest mistake people make is using too much eyeliner. It just tends to look trashy the more you put on. Sometimes you can use a lot if you know what you're doing and you know what other things must be done to dress up the eye for a more dramatic evening look. But most of the time too much is used.

Save doing really heavy eyeliner for the experienced makeup artists.

• Looks nice when they don't cake it on. I prefer light makeup but I wear it occasionally. On a occasion. My dad says I'm pretty without it and those who wear it don't consider themselves pretty without it

• I see nothing wrong with make-up, it's purpose is to enhance the already natural beauty. But I got to accept the fact that some girls really do abuse it.

But yeah, I LOVE MAKE-UP- May God bless whosoever created it.

• I don't wear make up daily, but when I do I only wear eyeliner, mascara, and lipgloss. I think heavy amount of make up like the second link makes a woman looks 'fake'. And I don't know why but I find most women who wears that kind of make up are either sluts or attention seeker.

• The way I do my make up is like in between because I do the foundation an etc ,eye shadow but not to much,the cat eye, mascara and eyeliner I love it

• girls as in under 18 no make up but if they have un even skin or another reason to put make up on rather than to look like a clown they should wear if needed.

• Mascara, lipgloss and brows filled in. I love my face. I enhance my features. If I'm feeling sexy I do eyeliner. I HATE foundation, blush, and most eyeshadow, contouring makeup should be a crime!

• I personally only wear foundation, mascara, a subtle lip gloss or lipstick, and little eyeliner. I don't think I look good with a lot of eyeshadow & stuff. But I don't think more make up is bad as long as its done right.

• I like a little, but I think there is a middle between heavy and little

• think a little is nice. if I have time (which is rarely) I will try to put a little on.

• Little make-up or natural.

• Obviously the second one is too much. First is okay. Little too none.

• Mascara, lip gloss and a smile, that's all you need

• Make it look natural. Not over the top. And only on occasion

• a little lipstick, eyeliner and mascara, I think enough:)

• I like a little

• I prefer going all out with it.

• No make up

• I personally do not like makeup, I don't wear any at all on a regular bases. They only time I had my whole face done was for prom. The pic on the left is no makeup (no mascara, no filled in eye brows, no foundation, NOTHING) and the pic on the right is makeup, I think I look ugly with makeup on and the makeup artist put too much.

• Day to day - a little makeup, to highlight the features.

Dressing up for special occasions - heavier makeup, REALLY stand out.

Because I couldn't decide between the two, I voted D :-)

• Who cares about makeup. It depends about the girls face and how it looks

Some girls look ugly with a lot of makeup

Some look hot with a lot of it

Some girls look hot with a lack of makeup

And some look hideous

• I wear very light makeup. Foundation, eye shadow, and a nice light colored gloss.

My eyelashes are naturally long, so I don't wear mascara.

• More from Girls
    2