Why do women put tall men on a pedestal?

Ok so yes, I'm just below average in height. 5'6. 21 years old. When it comes to the dating scene women prefer tall guys, and I understand that, not complaining about that, you can be attracted to whoever you choose. But I just can't help to feel bitter sometimes of how women just put tall men on the pedestal. For example women say they feel more "safer" or more protected with a tall man who is like 6'0. They don't comment on whether he works out, or if he is physically fit, the just give him the benefit of the doubt of him having this illusory sense of superiority in physical strength just because his skeletal frame is 6'0. Some of these guys who I do know who are 6'0 can't even fight, or are more on the feminine side, but for some reason women think there some physical specimen because their 6'0. Not to get harsh, but even if the guy is ugly looking in the face, kinda has flawed character, smoker or whatever, women still swoon over a guys height. Why do women think a guys height just automatically makes him some sort of ultra attractive God and never-mind all of the other traits you can judge one on?

I don't know, sometimes I feel disappointed because I feel like I have a lot to offer, I'm in great shape (I run track for my college, and been working out/lifting weights for 3 years), I'm healthy, I've always been told I'm a really cool guy, (eg. some of my White, Hispanic, Indian friends etc always tell me I'm the coolest black guy they ever met and feel honored that they were able to cross paths in life with me etc. lol), I've been called cute a number of times (not to be arrogant or anything but I do think I'm a pretty decent looking guy in the face). I'm in college, have a part time job, I'm pretty intelligent but down to earth since I come from the streets. I guess chill and laid-back are definitely what everyone would describe me as. I would say though that I am introverted, and can be shy sometimes.

But I just find it frustrating, when I feel I have decent qualities to offer a women even though I may lack in height, yet some guy who is 6'0 and have all sorts of flaws etc is immediately categorized as "HOT" by women without them ever seeing a picture of the guy or knowing what he's like just because he is 6'0. Like the guy doesn't need to do anything, just be 6'0 and women seem to worship the ground you walk on like your some prime genetic specimen. Never made sense to me. Just don't get how you can be 5'6 and better looking, athletic shape, have more personality and things going for you, yet some ugly 6'0 guy (no offense) with no goals and negative personality, out-of-shape, can't fight, is known to women as a guy they feel "safe" with is a "protector" Just because is skeletal frame measure 6'0.

What do you women think? How can a shy below average height guy like me get women?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well women like that are SHALLOW! Point Blank! It's pure shallowness why a woman would think cause a woman should love you as a person and not just love you or hate cause of your height. I really myself don't concentrate on height, but then again I am not a shallow person. You just haven't come across the right woman. You seem like a pretty cool dude, and honestly 5'6 is not bad, compared to a lot of guys I dated I dated a guy that was 5'4 and another dude that was 5'3, and I am 5'5, but see I liked them cause of their personalities and I felt chemistry between these guys, so of course I didn't concentrate on the height issue, cause to me that was so minuscule.

I wouldn't worry honestly! I can understand your bitterness about that cause you seem like a cool dude! Just know though, that not every woman thinks that way about guys. Like I said you haven't found the right woman and you have obviously been hanging around some shallow women. Take care, sweetie! And be proud that you are cool person! That's all that matters! :)

What Girls Said 18

• You're obviously bitter. I don't put tall guys on a pedestal, I just think they're hot. I would never date a guy close to my height (though I'm 5'1") because they are just not attractive to me at all. I usually prefer guys who are 6'0-6'3" (it is impossible for me to date anyone taller than that) because tallness is just attractive to me. My current boyfriend is 5'10" but he's still way taller than me. I can't date a guy who I consider to be short because they just look childish, like they're a mini person (my brother is an example of this, he's 5'3" and super muscular with a beard, so he just looks silly). I don't see my boyfriend as my protector, because he is super skinny and doesn't know how to fight. However, I don't need someone to protect me. I just like how sexy his long legs look and all that. Little hands and stumpy limbs are just not appealing to me.

Anyways, I doubt your height is why you can't get girls. My brother has been shorter and younger than all of his girlfriends. 5'6" isn't even that short, maybe at 5'1" or below you could blame things on that. Have you actually asked a girl out? Made any sort of move? Been given any indication that your height is why you've been turned down? This sounds just like the "girls don't like nice guys" argument.

• Your 5'1, shorter than your 5'3 brother, yet you say he looks silly? lol why are you self-hating? If you say those things about your brother how do you feel about yourself?

• He looks silly because you expect grown men to be taller than a child. The proportions are different, and overall, women are shorter. However, no one can guess my age because I have the body of a 20 year old but I haven't gotten taller since 7th grade.

I know I'm short and I don't care. However, as I said, you're clearly bitter about it.

• lol he mentioned he was bitter in the description retard.

• First I'd like the tall guy to be able to fight if need be. However you ever notice when a tall person is out nobody bothers them and the person they're with. And I look at everything not just height by itself, so you can feel a bit better lol. Just be yourself a lot of girls don't mind height as long as someone is taller than them and like the guys personality they will come around.

• Dont most people don't bother anyone anybody is with? I didn't know their was an exception lol.

• A lot less when I'm with a tall guy. Like nobody wants to piss off the tall guy. Short people against short people everyone's fair game lol, Napoleon Complexes.

• I've dated a guy who was 4'9 and I'm 5'5 sooo... Height really isn't everything clearly lol. He had an amazing personality and was so confident. His confidence is what drew me in. And our breakup had nothing to do with his height, just saying.

but yeah. You've got to have the personality to go with it.

• Sure, I feel protected in my boyfriend's arm, he's tall. But it's not in the way "he would hight", it's just a feeling...

My boyfriend is tall (maybe to tall for me), well...he can actually fight, I find him very attractive. He's fit but doesn't have a six pack (I'm not into muscled men), I love the way he is, his personality. Most women go for men they like. The look matters for everyone but it's far from being the only thing.

• I admit, this is true, but I personally don't agree with it. I think anyone who is taller than me is tall...But then again, I'm only 4'9. I don't see how height should matter, and I know I'm not the only woman to think this way...so I believe you will find someone who doesn't care about height.

• I don't

• Be funny.. lol a good personality.

• I believe tall guys looks better outside but sometimes have bad attitudes so depends on ppl

• Well, I am pretty short (5'2") so even 5'6" is tall to me in comparison(:

• Lots of guys 5'6" get women you just have some bad attitude? From reading your post you sound like a very bitter man.

• I know short guys who do well with women and tall guys who do shitty, especially the ones that you're describing. I even know a guy who is really sexy and 6'3 who can't find a girlfriend because he has terrible, awful social skills. Everyone has a battle to fight with their own weaknesses.

I'd start working on your shyness. Shy people (men and women) struggle with dating a lot, because it's largely a numbers game. Nobody knows all these great things about you if you don't share them and show people.

• Shorter men are nicer in my opinion

• Your too tall for me lol

• I have not read your post just the title. I will read after I post my answer. I have a short man fettish. I won't date men over 5'5. My husband is 5'4 and I love it! I'm 5'3, my past lovers have all been 5'4 and quite skinny, but not too much. Can't get enough of it! I love small hands, small feet (size 6) for men normally is average for 5'4 men, and I don't like big dicks.

• Why do men put white women on a pedestal?

• Uh, probably for the same reason men put short women on a pedestal.

• same reason dudes put pretty women with

big lips, big boobs, big butts on a pedestal

same reason guys like Victoria secret models

same reason guys like megan fox

same thing

• I'm 5'2'' but I only date 5'7'' or better. I prefer taller, 5'10''+ is best, but I don't JUST go for looks. The guys I date are all smart, athletic, masculine, financially set, and treat me like a princess.

What Guys Said 3

• Tall men can't fight?

Haha
    tall men avoid fights because when we fight the short guy starts crying in our 1 long leg kick
    believe me I uave seen things tall guys always have advantage on a fight

• Guys make excuses. I'm 6'3, I'm pretty good looking, but it's all about your mouthpiece. It's all about how you can talk to a woman, your personality, how she feels around you. Trust me, height does less than you think.

• Tall man = strong man = capable man = safe, secure woman and children.

That's a generalization but it's how the female psyche works. It's what they are genetically programmed to be attracted to, just as men are genetically programmed to be attracted to beautiful, sexy women.