What does lovely mean?

What does lovely mean as compared to sexy/cute/hot/beautiful? I was at barnes and noble today and a guy came up to me and said "You are very lovely". This happened to me twice this past year. Isn't it like the same thing as beautiful? I don't know I'm just curious. I mean I think I know what it means but I just want to see what other people say.

And just a note for guys, you should do this to girls you find attractive. Tell them that they are beautiful/ lovely. It's really flattering and it seriously makes our day.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• In my opinion:lovely -> charming (independent identity)sexy --> exude a sexual aura, possibly with the help of figure-excentuating clothes/accessoriescute --> apparently innocenthot --> sexually attractivebeautiful --> your entire physical look seems consistent with a single expression (e.g. your personality)

What Guys Said 2

• If anyone calls you any of those words, good for you. But I think beautiful is better than the other three cause it relates to more than just the physical.

• It means that he has a larger vocabulary than most guys. But that's no surprise, if he was hanging out in a bookstore :)

• Lmao! yeah probably more intelligent than most....

What Girls Said 2

• If pretty and beautiful were colors and you mix them together, you would get lovely. It's a great compliment.

• My British family says "lovely" a lot, but it usually means that you're overall a very nice/sweet, pleasant, happy person. Also polite, considerate. It doesn't neccisarily(sp?) mean your looks, but it includes it.(sorry if that was a bit confusing)

• Mhm I get what you mean, but I didn't know him he just approached me and told me I was lovely

• Oh well, it's a really good sign :) keep it up!