Girls, how long do you ignore someone?

Girls, if a guy best friend, or a boyfriend upsets you, how long do you tend to ignore them? Do you expect them initiate contact after you have cooled down? Do you become stubborn? I just want to get an insight into the female thinking mechanism when it comes to being upset.

• I ignore completely and never want to see them again after
  • I ignore for a few days then contact them/want contact
  • I ignore for weeks then contact them/want contact
  • I never ignore and go back to normal quickly
  • Things will never be the same again so I'm not bothered

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't exactly ignore people, I just stop reaching out to them.

Usually I need about a day or two to cry out/angrily explode about the situation. Then I need a day or two to let my feelings settle. And we haven't been speaking, I will then reach out when I'm feeling better. I find if I initiate it before I go through my emotional ride I say the wrong things and the situation just gets worse. Normally talking it out with someone close to me helps as well, I start to wrap my head round the issue.

It depends how close I am to the person. The closer I am the more likely I'm going to talk out what's wrong, but usually they have to ask me, I won't bring the information forward on my own. You always know if there is something wrong with me though.

The people very close to me know my mood even if I'm faking because my eyes give it all away.

What Girls Said 31

• Well I accidentally clicked on C when I meant to click on B. lol. Sorry. But anyway. It all depends on what the person did to upset me. If it was something smaller than usually I ignore them for the rest of the day and forget about it after a night's sleep. Or I'll ignore them until they apologize even if I'm not angry anymore because I just want them to realize that what they did hurt my feelings. If it were something bigger like he cheated on me or something then that's a whole other story. lol. It also depends on who the person is. Like I have a harder time ignoring my bff rather than just a friend.

• Lol you women keep clicking the wrong one ha ha In my case I overreacted and said things that her hurt my friend as I felt she was starting to ignore me and go down the road of a years ago when she just stopped talking to me for no reason and it really hurt then. So I said things without actually giving her time and she was genuinely upset at me. I felt so bad and have given her the biggest apologies I have ever done. She said she wants to remain friends but needs time to recover.

• Well then if that's the case then she doesn't deserve you as a friend so maybe you're better off without her. You don't need someone that's gonna use you and then drop you so easily. Just make sure that is really the case and there isn't a deeper issue.

• I'm pretty sure this is the case. I won't be used by anyone. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

• If my boyfriend upsets me, I might ignore him for a few hours while I cool down. But I would never cut off contact for longer than the rest of the day. Putting space between us is about taking care of myself, not punishing him.

• Aw damn...I voted A but didn't see the whole question. In the case where it's a break up or something serious that I don't want to see/hear from that person again, I ignore them and break off all contact. It's just easier for me to move on that way. No need to drag things out.

As far as your specific question goes, though, I don't ignore the person if it's a little squabble. Life's too short for drama.

I recently got into a heated discussion with my good guy friend. We quickly found out that we have very opposing views on the subject, and are both very stubborn. We left each other peeved in our stubbornness, but then acted like normal the next day. Agree to disagree and move on!

• I never ignore him in the first place... when my boyfriend and I upset each other, we talk about it until we sort it out. Sometimes we might need to take a break from talking to sort out our thoughts, but it's not some childish game :P

• How long would you consider a break to resolve from his last apology?

• Honestly I don't go more than a couple of hours without talking to him about it, because I know it will make me feel better. But with other boyfriends who were less understanding and helpful, it was more like a whole day.

• Ignoring someone/giving them the silent treatment is childish and manipulative. I never ignore my boyfriend but I may want space to cool down if I'm really upset. The amount of time I would need would depend on how upset I was, but I've never stayed upset for more than a day.

• I agree! But I reckon she'll just need a few days to recover.

More from Girls
26

What Guys Said 2

• I believe they ignore for between 5 days and 2 months.

It is mainly because they are passive/weak and won't express themselves directly.
    When they have finished ignoring they will 'reach out' often with some barely perceptible sign, i. e they will wear a shirt that features your favorite color and then walk past you.

Sometimes, ignoring is a test to see how much you chase them, see how much you love them.

It is very important to have more than one girlfriend. So while one is ignoring you for whatever stupid reason, you can still have someone to share laughter and happiness with.

• i love the ignore game. that's when I know I need a mistress.