Why do guys stare but don't smile?

since the start of this year, this popular guy always stared at me, that was when he was single, but he never really smiled and he never really spoke... Show More

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't know that you care about him caring. He doesn't know that you want him to smile at you or approach you. Apparently, if you smiled, he would smile back. And people tend to break up often at that age, so even if he's loyal, maybe his girlfriend will not be.

Not everyone just walks up to others and say "hi" if they feel like they should. They start being conflicted about whether they should or shouldn't, as the thoughts of "what would she think if I did" and "what would everyone else think if I did" come up. And eventually the end result of the conflict is "eh, I guess I just won't." People can be cautious about what others could think of them, and don't want to risk their current state, whether it be better or worse if they did... Some people are afraid to take risks. This is one of those situations.