Why do handsome/sexy men date ugly women?

I feel that I'm an attractive female. When l go out. I see some really good looking men with really ugly women and it makes me mad that I work hard keeping my hair nice nails done clothes neat and then I see some ugly girl with a good looking man that has effed up hair raggedy clothes not a pretty face sometimes I feel like I'm being me when I think like this but please men explain why some men prefer ugly women over pretty ones

Just a note I'm not trying to be shallow. I'm just asking a question that I wondered for a while
The pics with the pink hair and nose ring is old I don't even have. That piercing anymore

Most Helpful Guy

• Perhaps she has an amazing personality to offer beyond her beauty. Certainly for a lot of football players (or soccer) its kinda funny how they all have stardom quality wifes yet are always getting divorced every few years. I guess aftr the looks fade, the relationship gets to a point where all they have left is the personality and a lot of them just expect their looks to be enough without being able to hold a conversation or express. But maybe the guys preference is actually the women you seee them with, everyones different, a lot of guys don't find the type of girls I'm attracted to as attractive as I do

• sometimes its just how the girl carries herself that makes her more attractive/not

• I do have a good personality I feel people judge me because I'm African American I'm supposed to have a bad attitude but that's not the case with me. I am really sweet I don't run around cussing people out.

• thats good! I can only go by assumption because I know little about you, perhaps you may just give off a certain vibe... its hard to really distinguish, or they may just assume with you. maybe they just aren't personally attracted to you but a lot still would be that may just be shyer not sure

What Guys Said 16

• There are too many variables to give a defined answer to this question but I think a lot of it has to be with how she treats him. Attitude and the way she carries herself is also major factors in winning someone's affection. Guys tend to resent self centered, self serving high maintenance women. Women who tend to realize that she has a lot of suitors, she sometimes get lose herself and tends to increase her value of self worth, in negative ways from all the attention and as her character fades, so will her stock.

Even as such, more often I see beautiful women with ugly men more than the other way around.

• she turns him on. I knew a lady that was not exactly a runway model...she never wore makeup, nothing fancy about her clothing or wore jewelry or perfume. Nothing I would consider classic femminine dress up. But I found her mildy attractive, we got along fairly well and little by little she became very beautyful to me and she really knew how to push my buttons sexually. She was no runway model, she was heavy, tough as nails( she was a police officer) but can..on a dime...be the most divine femminine creature on earth...ohhh baby...she knew how to play me...that was some experience...i miss her, lol. ***need five minutes alone** ;-)

• the thing is that YOU find these women ugly. beauty is in the eye of the beholder :-).

beauty is not only on the exterior. like I said in another post, the WHOLE package counts...

• Maybe we think you're unapproachable? How do you act around guys? Hot girls usually get hit on less because most guys think that either it's a waste of an effort, or are afraid of being shot down. If you're interested in a guy make it obvious.

• I don't act stuck up or anything

• You have to ask your friends that question. You don't know how you are seen through other people.

• maybe she has something called "cool personality." looks are just 50% when comes to serious relationship.

and yeah, piercing doesn't help you.

More from Guys
11

What Girls Said 17

• They may happen to think that the girl is very pretty. Beauty is subjective. Just because you find the girl to look ugly doesn't mean he feels the same. She may also have a wonderful personality, have good qualities they are looking for but on the other hand the guy also could be with her only because she's good in bed or they're desperate or something negative like that. There could be many reasons actually.

• Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Personality is also very important.

• Maybe your problem is your attitude?

• I'm usually really sweet and nice I treat everyone like how I want to be treated. I love helping people I'm just really super nice and bubbly I hope its not my personality because I don't know if I can change that

• I'm don't doubt that you're generally sweet and nice and bubbly, but your attitude here does come across as quite shallow/judgmental; maybe it's just jealousy rearing it's ugly head.

I mean, because a girl isn't good-looking (by your standards), she doesn't deserve to be with that guy? Attractive guys shouldn't give her a chance? Maybe she has a great personality and is fun to be around. Maybe the guy doesn't care about nails and fancy clothes; maybe he likes a low-maintenance girl.

• Nails and hair and clothes aren't everything.

• 1) she is nice

2) she is funny

3) she has money

4) she lets him f*** her in the ass...

• Maybe in their eyes that chick is drop dead gorgeous.

More from Girls
12