What does it mean when a guy is always around but rarely speaks to you?

There's this guy I'm into and I've known him for ten years and we use to be friends in grammar school until we grew distant. We started having classes together the last 3 years and we occasionally talked and joked with each other but nothing really happened. This year we have no classes together per se, but we're always in the same room, or area of our school. Anyway, since school started, he's been walking really close behind me and my friend when we go to class. I mean, one day I glanced over my shoulder and got a big eye full of his chest. In addition, he'll ask me about classes I might be thinking about taking. For example, he asked if I was taking another version of a course we used to take that got canceled. At first, I didn't think anything of it other than he was curious, but then we had a combined music class where he met my music teacher. After class he ran up to me and started to joke with me about how scattered brained she was and how much he reminded her of our... Show More

I'd really like some input from guys. Anyone out there willing to help?