• Ask
  • myTake

What does it mean when a guy is always around but rarely speaks to you?

There's this guy I'm into and I've known him for ten years and we use to be friends in grammar school until we grew distant. We started having... Show More

I'd really like some input from guys. Anyone out there willing to help?

What Guys Said 1

• Talking about being in an awkward spot. Man this is gotta be tough on him. Being friends in the past and now being attracted to you. I can bet he's feeling goofy inside and he doesn't want to mess it up. He probably talks about the past because he knows it's something in common with you and it's makes it easy for him talk to you and not sound like a bumbling fool. Well at least he got as far as asking you out so that right there is a hint. How to go forward in this situation well I don't have an answer for that. I wish you best of luck in this.

• Thank you so much, I never thought that he was just feeling awkward about it...well I didn't really think he liked me either. I don't really know if he asked me out though. Maybe I worded that badly. He got my e-mail from another friend who was in the club, then he told me that she gave it to him. I was completely cool with it. I don't think he ever really asked me out.Thanks so much for the help though! I really appreciate it.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like this guy might be nervous to speak to you, so he hangs around and doesn't say anything because he doesn't have the guts. When you see him maybe try starting up a conversation with him, and make sure you smile and make eye contact when you see him.He's also trying to find out what classes you have and where your going to be, most likely because he wants to "accidentally" bump into you.The fact that he kept making noises etc. when you were together says to me that he likes you, as he feels uncomfortable and nervous in your presence and feels the need to keep moving or look like he's doing something.I think to work out for sure if he likes you you might have to drop a few hints and see how it goes from there.Best of luck! :)

• Aww, thanks for your advice Nataliee. Can I ask you another question? What do you think about him constantly bringing up our past...? Like, he'll always talk about when we played sports when we were little and I tackled him or how tough I was.

• Hmm maybe he's trying to flatter you? I guess it would also be an easy conversation starter for him, as you can both contribute and talk about it together

• Really, thanks. You've helped me a bunch