Is Aphrodite a total bitch?

Aphrodite - The Greek Goddess of Love and Beauty

Is Aphrodite a total bitch ?

Backstory:
Zeus feared she would cause war between the Olympians, so he married her to Hephaestus as a wife. She was married to the smith Hepaestus, but she really loved Ares, the god of war.

Hephaestus

Hephaestus was overjoyed, so he made her matchless jewels and a magical girdle that made her even more beautiful than she already was, which was unwise of him. Aphrodite was vain, however, and disliked his looks, but enjoyed his gift's, though she'd much rather have Ares for a husband. She has no children with Hephaestus but many children with Ares. Hephaestus was constantly trying to capture Ares and Aphrodite together and show it to Zeus.

Ares:

• Total bitch
  • Not a bitch

Most Helpful Girl

• Is Aphrodite a total bitch?
    B. Not a bitch

She was forced to marry him so in my opinion she doesn't owe Hephaestus a single thing. In my opinion Hephaestus is the jerk.

"Hephaestus was overjoyed"
    So he is seemingly a-okay, with having a gal forced to be his wife implying to me he's fine that she doesn't want to be with him and that he's fine with rape or at the least obliged sex with a gal who doesn't desire him or the sex.

", so he made her matchless jewels and a magical girdle that made her even more beautiful than she already was, which was unwise of him. "
    To me that implies that he was just as focused on looks as she was ie another case of the ugly guy wanting the hot gal and people focus on the gal being shallow if she rejects the guy for his looks but not the guy being shallow for wanting the gal for her looks.

"Hephaestus was constantly trying to capture Ares and Aphrodite together and show it to Zeus."
    Since I imagine he could have easily 'divorced' her to me him trying to get her caught cheating suggests to me he wanted Aphrodite punished. So not only is he seemingly okay with a gal forced to be his wife and focused on her looks he wants her punished if she dares to find happiness outside of him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely not a bitch. If you read the mythology you'd know she was not with him of her choosing. That on top of not being in love with him or even attracted to him, in an era where divorce doesn't exist I can't really blame her.

But, what she did definitely was not nice lol

What Girls Said 5

• I study the Ancient Greeks so I love this question! Actually, Aphrodite was not as big a bitch as she could have been and definitely not as big a bitch as goddesses like Hera, in my opinion, however it's true that Aphrodite was incredibly self-centered and conceited and she was a pretty big bitch (though all of the gods were.)

• Hahaha Nah... she's just too obsessed with her own life and amusement to care for others. I've never really seen Greek Gods as Gods who do things for others, but who are immensely powerful in that trait they're most famous for. They have no obligations. They use their powers as they choose.

• lol. Aphrodite has NOTHING on Hera. She's beautiful and fixated on love and watching how love can tear lives apart while still uniting two people who truly fit. I think she's vain, self-absorbed, complacent, and really enjoys drama. I don't think she's a bitch really... just a little girl almost, in the body of a woman.

• She seemed a victim of her circumstances, being forced to marry someone you don't love would be pretty awful.

• I read some were that aphrodite was forced to marry Hephaestus... but I don't know

What Guys Said 7

• She didn't do anything out of the ordinary, really. It was a forced marriage.

Hephaestus enabled her to double dip by showering her with gifts. Of course she takes the gifts. If he just let her choose, he wouldn't be in the hole. She would also have to ponder if Ares and his huge Godly fertile dick was worth giving up some financial stability. Hephaestus the sucker funded her lifestyle.

• Those gods were always a bunch of freaks, all of them. That's why

http://oi60.tinypic.com/258ccwo.jpg

• Lol the idea of women marrying a boring nice guy and leaving him for the hot badboy go back as far as Greek mythology 😂

• Nope. If she was, all of the Greek Gods was and they were a right bunch of sh! ts.

Honestly though? No. She was forced to marry someone. It can be hard to follow modern morality when you're:
    1) A woman in Classical Greece and
    2) Fictional.

• she was the original bitch, you didn't even talk about all the other stories where she fucked up people just because she didn't like them

• A bitch among other things when it comes to that.

• Naw man