Is he hinting about marriage or being clever?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year. It's pretty serious, we are involved with each others kids, have talked about marriage and retirement, but we don't live together for practical reasons. Any way over the last few months I've noticed he sends me a lot of funny memes that reference marriage. The ones that say "me as a wife" or "April is buy your husband a gun month". I get the gun one every month. I think it's kind of odd because I have no indication that he plans to make me wife in the immediate future. Last month I responded with "April is buy your girlfriend diamond month" he totally didn't get it and brushed it off again. It's a new month and I have a new gun meme. I thought me calling him out would change something but it didn't. So, do y'all think that he is hinting that he wants a wife, or just a new gun lol?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he is feeling you out on the subject, your best course of action would be to ask him about it.

• I mean I wouldn't even know what to say... It's odd to just ask someone when they plan on marrying you if they haven't proposed

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he's testing the waters but I don't like that he's not having a serious talk about his intentions.

• We have had serious talks about it. We were going to buy a house last year. I just don't know when. I don't imagine it would be soon bc her will be going to grad school soon

• I'm not discounting your opinion I'm just adding information. He flat out did he only wanted to buy the house because he planned on marrying me any how. Then we decided against it to free up the capital for grad school expenses

• You should just ask him what he wants then. None of us can know what he thinks.

What Guys Said 4

• Probably both. If it were me I would probably miss the hint. Try something easier. Like maybe a may is take the woman you love to... you supply the place. That might work. also dollar general sells a plastic pellet gun for $15, or a plug and play Cabellas hunting game isn't too expensive. It's safer with kids, plus fun.

• Well my whole point is he keeps sending those to me after I pointed out that were aren't married though

• No he can buy his own he knows I can't do it so it's kind of just a joke. I'm a single mom and her Is amedic so he does most of the spoiling

• Maybe it's just something he gets. If he thinks it's cool or funny he could just sharing

• is his birthday coming up, sounds to me like he wants a gun. But I'm at a loss, maybe talk to him and ask what he meant about the referneces to marraige... like if he thinks thats in his near future...

• No birthday and he knows I'm not buying him a gun. He would rather me buy myself another first anyhow

• wedding bells!

• what do you mean each others kids?

What Girls Said 2

• who knows. you just have to ask him if you're really that curious. if you're not dying to know or you're too nervous, then you just have to drop it and not dwell on it any longer.

• i think that he is just comfortable and tries to show that he considers you as his "wife" . It doesn't seem to me as a hint for actual marriage

• I don't think so. I feel like calling a woman your wife without the investment of a ring is ridiculous. Like if her introduced me as his wife in sure he knows that I would be offended.