I look so damn ugly in MOST pictures I take and it makes me depressed? How do I deal?

I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I see a big difference in pictures and the mirror. For the most part I look hideous in pics. Everything looks bigger and it's annoying. I attract a decent amount of men in real life so I don't understand

Tips on how to take good pictures

what is considered good lighting?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• When see a girl on the street.. i notice her general features... ''general'' features... if you have a big pimple for a week... acne scar. here and there... bad hair day... haven't slept well... this stuff doesn't really change your attractiveness to men because for them they see the attractive you due to

general cuteness
    a certain feature they like '' e. g. full lips, beautiful body ''

men tend to be attracted to a general look... not the details and proportions you see on camera pics... believe me...

• It depends on whether they are point and shoot pics or serious portrait pics. Usually better to use natural light, unless in a studio. Make sure the sun is behind the camera lens, but not shining directly into the subjects eyes. Most times best not to look at camera lens. I think the best profile pic here is Lollieschan. It's a beautifully posed picture in my opinion.

• There is a tip for studio work. Have a small lamp hidden behind the subject's head. With a darkish background, it can put like a highlight round the subjects hair against the background.

• post a pic then so we can tell if u look ugly or not :-)

• I have very bad self esteem, I feel you :)

my question: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1478569-bad-self-esteem-rate-me-guess-ethnicity

please answer it :-) Its reffering to the same topic

• Me too, I understand.

#TheStruggleisReal

• OP pls I bet you look less ugly than me in pics

• You look ugly in pictures, I look ugly all the time.

• Post a pic so i can't tell u if u ugly or not

What Girls Said 6

• It's natural to feel that way. I do sometimes as well. I don't think I'm very photogenic. I get told way too often that I look better in person. I didn't even wanna post pics to my profile here, but I saw everyone else was, so i just said, fuck it...

• Same here

• why not post a pic now, I bet everyone will think you're crazy for what you're saying. Let us make you feel better!

• Better to look bad in pics than in the real life. But I know what you mean its takes me about 50 photos to get 1 I like.

• 0|0
  • i take like 40 pics and only 2 good ones come out.
    you're not the only one my friend

• Sunlight usually makes good lighting and, you have to find your angle.

• The lightning in our kitchen makes me look like a princess and the lightning in my room makes me look like the witch so yeah shit happens all the time