My boyfriend peed on me?

I was asleep when my boyfriend peed on me in his sleep. The whole bed was soaked and I woke up smelling like urine. I asked him why he didn't just get up and go to the toilet and he said he was peeing in his dream and didn't realize he was doing it in real life. I haven't talked to him since. Do grown men usually pee in their sleep without knowing? How can I move past this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah it can occur, especially if he did it while dreaming that he was at a toilet. It's very easy to confuse dreamworld with reality. Hell there's been morning where I was dreaming that I woke up, took a shower, got in the car and went to work, only to really wake up and realize that it was all dream and that I was actually 30 minutes late for work.

So yeah, I wouldn't fault him for that, especially if it was just a one time occurrence. Now if it starts occurring daily, then that's when you should be concerned.

Most Helpful Girl

• He apologized for it.

I think you are over-reacting. It was an honest mistake.

I don't understand how some women want men to forgive them... for getting blood accidentally all over their bed.
    But you can't forgive a man for getting pee accidentally all over you in his sleep.

What Guys Said 10

• That CAN actually happen to people. It has not happened to me, but I do know someone to whom it did. It's not like you are fully aware of what you're doing while you are asleep or dreaming. So this is more an unfortunate event if anything, similar to as if he vomited over you by accident. People typically don't plan it, you know.

How to get past this? Maybe it'll happen to you too and then you'll get a bit of empathy for the situation.

• Something is wrong. That is NOT normal. That's some kind of medical condition.

• shit i pissed a bit in bed about a year or two ago. i woke up in my dream and went piss but then i woke up for real mid piss.

• I don't think I've ever peed while asleep, I always take a piss before bed. Imagine how he felt waking up realizing he's pissed all over his girlfriend. :D

• That happens to some people. Its not their fault, they can't help it. I know recently i accidentally went to bed after drinking a lot and then i did the same, oops.-.

• Lol i remember the toilet sensation. Literally woke up from sleeep, went to the bathroom and started peeing. Then jumped out of sleep with hella piss on me. Was around 3 years ago, and happened a couple of times.

• That's very weird however some people don't realize when they want to pee irl or in their dream.

• No I have literally never done that. I really hope that doesn't happen again.

• No I have never peed in my sleep as a adult he should really go see a doctor about that

• I've never done this but it can happen. It was an accident. Forgive him and move on

What Girls Said 1

• ask him to wear a diaper..