Why do people like runny egg yolks?

I know it sounds strange but I don't get the attraction. I prefer hard boiled and scrambled. Call me weird but I think runny, soft eggs are discusting. I've also heard that eggs with runny yolk can cause food poisoning if not handled properly.

Most Helpful Guy

• The egg yolk runny is like a very rich sauce. Remember mayo is egg yolk and oil.

Im like you... I prefer my egg yolks cooked to solid. 8-)

What Guys Said 10

• It is simply a matter of preference and other can't justify their preferences any more than you can justify yours. Some people like chocolate and some people like vanilla. . . and it really doesn't matter why.

• It makes a good breakfast.
    s3-eu5.ixquick.com/.../serveimage
    Mash the sunny side up egg on the steaming-hot rice and fried, seasoned meat and eat with a raw, diced tomato.

• Are those mini sausages? :) lol.

• @OlderAndWiser A good number of nations in Asia actually has rice for breakfast… traditionally, anyway. Aside from the Philippines, it seems our southern neighbors in Indonesia do this, too, as well as the Japanese. Other countries also, but to a lesser extent.

• I should have been able to guess this answer.

• I like my eggs to be partially scrambled.. I don't like them totally cooked. It's tastiest when it's not fully cooked in my opinion lol

• I like it if I can mix it with something that will absorb it, otherwise I prefer scrambled or firm fried eggs.

• How do you make fried eggs firm?

• Cook them longer on a lower heat, then they will cook through rather than just the outside being cooked.

I use the spatula to carefully splash the grease on top of the egg when it starts cookin.

• I should note they will get rubbery if ya do it too long, experiment.

• I like them over Med or well

• It's just preference, I couldn't tell you why I like it but I do

• the taste is slightly different from hard boiled. i don´t find a dry, crumbly yolk not so pleasant in my mouth.

• It's perfect when mixed in with steak

• I like em runny yum

• They don't find them disgusting. If you don't, then they are like a hot sauce for your toast.

I understand both, because i like a runny yolk, but hate runny egg whites (though i drink them blended in drinks fine). So i sympathize with both views.

What Girls Said 7

• Are you talking about dippy eggs? Because if so you don't know what you're missing ♥

• I don't like runny eggs either, they taste so gross. I prefer hard or in between eggs.

• Not at all

• Sorry I thought it said do you like runny eggs... Well it's just similar to how some people like their steak medium rare while others like them well done.

• I hate a runny yolk 😖 it's so nasty. I always dry my eggs so they are not runny

• I like scrambled eggs but for anything else I prefer the yolks to be runny. I just can't tolerate the texture of solid yolks.

• Love love love. The yellow yolk makes a good sauce/dressing

• The runny yolk is a bit sweeter and different in texture. It is much less dry than when it is hard boiled.