Are men physically stronger than women?

• Most of the time, yes.
  • No, men aren't stronger, we're equal.
Oh, y'all are assuming I think women are equal in strength to men. No I don't. I believe men are stronger on average. I asked this question because I want to see what everyone else believes. Because I've seen questions on here that people talk about strength as if we're equal.
Why are men stronger?

Most Helpful Guy

• men are stronger. biological fact. every gendered species on Earth has some degree of gender dimorphism, and the thought that that doesn't apply to humans too is just silly.
    It's sad that people will intentionally and plainly remain blind or ignorant to the differences between man and women because they think that any sign that we are not exactly the same would be seen as a sign that we are not equal.
    Equality is about the inherent value in someone's life, not about whether one is stronger, on multitasks better, or anything else.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course they are physically stronger than women.

What Guys Said 26

• Physical strength is much more common in men. Emotional strength is much more equal between the genders.

• In a fight, men have muscles but

26.media.tumblr.com/...lsgpayRMOc1qd7e6no1_500.jpg

• Compare the results in strength and speed based events in the Olympics and you have your question answered. Yes, there can be some women who are stronger then some men. But on average, that's not the case. Even a relatively strong woman, who's been going to the gym for 5 years, can be overcome in terms of physical strength by a guy in a year. Provided he's not doing it wrong. We're just naturally predisposed to it, we have more testosterone and larger body frames, which can naturally hold more muscle and gain muscle faster. Look at the strongmen athletes. All of them are above 2 meters tall and have pretty thick bones. A guy my size, no matter how much I train, can never beat the strength of, say, Hafthór Júlíus Björnsson (The Mountain from Game of Thrones). Not that I would ever want or need to lol. But a girl definitely cannot.

• Of course they are take a look around the next time you go outside of your house and look how big we guys are compared to most women

• Men typically grow larger which in and of itself leads to more mass and more leverage in strength applications. That in and of itself translates to more force applied, which anyone who knows physics can attest to. More mass applying more leverage means more force. Additionally, testosterone allows muscles to grow more and become even stronger.

That being said, it is relatively easy for a woman who trains to grow stronger than a man who is sedentary and, in some cases, even fit and trained men. However there is a reason standards are lower for women when it comes to physical fitness tests.

• You have to define the word "strength"...
    in many cases or according to the "norm", men are physically stronger than women, but on so many other levels, women are stronger than men. This is like asking if women (or men) are smarter than their counterparts. The truth is both genders have their strengths and weaknesses. I've heard or mothers lifting cars to save their babies and guys jumping in front of objects to protect family... it all depends.
    Situations bring out a lot in people
    now if you want to go physical, that also depends, I've seen some "hefty" women beat the shit out of some guys... so... my final answer is that it all.. depends.

• Obviously. Especially their upper body strength is a lot more. I think it was about 50% stronger - where the lower body different is not as big. In several physical fields like military women also don't need to do pull-ups based on that.

It's called sexual dimorphism - aka both sexes are quite different.

• The best explanation I've read is that back when having protein to eat meant physical combat with some kind of beast, the ones who were stronger by whatever genetic roll of the dice were more likely to survive and pass on their genes. Since it was mostly men doing that, the men ended up built stronger.

It seems to me that would also make those men's daughters stronger since it's genetics, but I guess not. I barely passed biology in high school and never looked back.

• physical strength is determined by a mixture of things but from a basic level strength is the result of muscle growth. Muscle development is heavily influenced by testosterone. Ergo, men have a natural advantage.

• On average, men tend to be bigger and stronger. That doesn't mean Rhonda Rhoussey couldn't beat up most men.

• Yea normally there are women who lift but for the most part yes

• Of course there's clear sexual dimorphism which allows men to have more muscle mass, tend to have bigger muscles and are of course taller. This is all biology and it's basically a fact men are stronger than women this is why sports are segregated by gender because men are naturally better at most athletic sports which require stamina and strength.

• TESTOSTERONE!

• No, men are physically much weaker than women

• On normal standard bases men are physically stronger

• Ofcourse men are stronger physically... There is no doubt about it LOL :D

• I haven't met a woman that's stronger than me... yet.

• Well duh

• What kind of feminist shit are they teaching kids these days?

• Yes obviously

• Its a scientific fact that on average men are stronger than men. How is this even a question?

• I think we are equal, average men have strength in muscles, but women are able to endure more pain (for example - giving birth).

• Mostly, but I am weaker than an average female, any woman can slap punch and kick the hell out of me whenever she wants.

• Most women get their strength though their ability to control the men.

• Yeah men are stronger, with bigger bodies and bigger brains

• yeah they are naturally stronger and honestly i'm not very happy with that. i once went to watch a female calistheics championship and expected to be impressed by the female athletes but i was gravely dissapoiinted. they could do almost nothing. and they were supposedly the high end of female calisthenics... .

What Girls Said 10

• yup ): I know it a sad day for all women. ):

• No, and unicorns are also real.

• Statistically, men just workout more and vitamins focus on their muscle development.

• And biologically. Most guys don't even workout that hard or give too much shit but could still beat most women.

• P. S My 14 year old sister goes to the gym 3 times a week bRUH

• Even then I reckon I'd win, since I was 15 I've been going to the gym three times a week, I almost definitely have more muscle mass and I do MMA twice a week so bring it on.

• Yes it's no mystery just facts. Men are physically stronger.

• Yes 😍

• Most people I know have zero fighting skillz or can even balance, so I'd actually say no. They're technically stronger, but what good is that if U can't use it?

• Yes most times men are on average stronger then women.

• 😅Finally Gagers have one vote Yes men are stronger

• There is no question. Men have 10 times the testosterone in their bodies that women do. Even the weakest looking man can most likely take you down and you won't be able to do anything.

• Most of the time, yes.