I NEED HELP WITH A HOSPITALITY QUESTION HELP ANYONE?

it's a busy summer's day and you notice that the temp of your under bench refrigerator is creeping up and now is 7 degrees it was 4 degrees an hour ago. you suspect it is not working properly
what should you do?

What Guys Said 2

• Hazardous food should not be consumed if it has been stored at higher temperatures for more than two hours. (In this case, I am thinking mainly about meat products.

I see that you are studying a certification for hospitality- which I know nothing about, but I can say that food safety requires you to store food at temperatures below 4 degrees, and anything above that is deemed unsafe to eat.

If it has been 4 hours, it is probable that the food in that fridge should not be consumed. (Though you shouldn't take my word over the guidelines.)

• Call a repair man? Buy a new fridge?

Im not sure what your asking here

• im studying certicicate III in hospitality and my unit is USE HYGENIC PRACTICES FOR FOOD SAFTEY? and thats the question i got

• Oh i see

- First thing you should do is push the raw meats or cooked meats to the back of the fridge
      - second is to make sure everything is sealed nicely so there is no leakage since things will start to melt soon
      - third you might want to move things to a another fridge if possible

I have more, something like that?

What Girls Said 1

• why not google what to do when bench fridge is hot or something