Do you view Eurasians as Asian or white?

As an Eurasian female I have found that, living in a predominantly white society, I am viewed by most people as an Asian, and not white at all even though I am half and half (and look half and half.) I don't really have an issue with this BUT I would like people to classify me as what I am, which is Eurasian. Also, Hollywood often casts Eurasian actors in fully Asian roles. Do you tend to view Eurasians as just Asian? Do you view Eurasians as Asian or white?

Most Helpful Guy

• Normal people are white. Anyone who looks slightly different will be named accordingly.
    Normal people being the majority in your white society.

When adding a label to someone you are putting them into a group to distinguish them from others.
    Oh that person is tall, smart, whatever.
    Now when your typical white society sees you someone whose unique facial characteristics are Asian (part Asian), it's easy to label you as such.

Although incorrect I'd view you as Asian.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eurasian people are mixed people. That's what I view them as, as mixed. I myself am mixed as well. I'm Puerto Rican and Jamaican. I completely understand your frustrations with people calling you something you're not and wanting to force you to choose. I think if more mixed people stood up for themselves then people would take us more seriously on racial issues and more accepting of our true identity and not what is convenient for them to call us.

What Guys Said 15

• Mixed. Half euro , half Asian. Ergo. Mixed. Eurasian.
    The US has some funny ideas about race. For example , Obama's mother is white , his father is black but apparently he's the "first black president".

• I just think they're mixed when I know they're mixed, but if I don't know that, I'll just go with what they look like more.

• What do you mean by Eurasian? What country specifically do you come from?

Eurasian is half Asian and half white

Yes, but what do you mean by "Asian"? Asia is a big continent. Are we talking Russia, Lebanon, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakstan, India, Bhutan, Mongolia, Bangladesh, China, Laos, Thailand, Korea, Japan, Philippines, Indonesia... what do you mean by "asian"? They all look very different.

East or south Asian. Like japs/Chinese/Koreans/Thai/Filipino/Malay etc

• Asians are white, (they have white "Caucasian" colored skin) and i just view them as a hot Asian girl.

• I think you're Asian before you go to the restroom, and you're Asian when you come out, but when you're in there, European. :)

• Depends, if they look Asian they are going to be labeled that way. You can't always tell

• I think the correct term is mixed. I'm half Japanese and half Mexican but most people assume I'm only Asian, it's usually difficult to tell when someone is mixed.

• I view them as Eurasian, just like how I view Black and White people as mixed. Since the person is just 'this' or just 'that' they have to be referred to as 'both'.

• They're Caucasians, so both.

• Asian

• No I view them as mixed not one half or the other.

• mixed white and Asian girls are hot but oh on the subject i consider them mixed , half white half Asian

• I view them as rather hot.

• I view them as what they look like

• Does it matter? I have noticed that children of mixed parentage seem to pick up the best genes from both parents. As is obvious from your pictures. I wouldn't know what lineage you have from just those photos alone. You do look like a younger version of a neighbour of mine, she's from Khazakstan and identifies as Russian. So its all subjective.

None of the pictures are of me. But I have a similar look to them.

What Girls Said 7

• White is in reference to color of skin! Not nationality.. .. Regardless of where you are from. Why are people dumb? No idea... If you have white skin you are white! From whatever nationality... Eurasian is not a color. 👀

• some are very attractive but often its hard to tell if they are Asian or cacasian.

• They are Asian technically.

• They can't be classified as specific race, they're mixed race. They're neither Asian nor white

• They are mixed. Not white or Asian.

• You're mixed and should identify as mixed.

• Both. They're mixed with Asian and Caucasian blood.