Which country has the most redheads in the world?

Which country has the most "gingers" (redheaded people)?

• Scotland
  • Wales
  • Ireland
    Vote C
  • Australia
    Vote D
  • New Zealand
    Vote E
  • Russia
    Vote F
  • Canada
    Vote G
Select a gender to cast your vote:

46

Most Helpful Girl

• i think most of the redheads are in Canada because it's a big country with lots of people of Celtic descent (Irish, Scottish, Welsh) in most of the Canadian cities.

Most Helpful Guy

• In absolute numbers it's the United States, relative to population size it's Ireland, followed by Scotland/Northern Ireland.

• Awesome, did the USA had a population census with section about hair & eye color for classification purposes?

• @TatyanaTheEmpress I guess so.

• Well, I think you are right, when I think about it more clearly, most Russians and Germans are blonde, it's quite possible that USA has the largest number of redheads.

What Girls Said 3

• More than likely Scotland.

• The only two Irish people I've met in my life were redheads.
    Doesn't represent the whole population, tho.

• Whoever answered Ireland clearly hasn't been here. Most Irish people are dark haired.

What Guys Said 5

• Ireland and Scotland have the largest "percentage" of redheads in their population. However, the US has the largest "population" of redheads.

Ireland and Scotland combined have a redhead population of roughly 720,000 however the US redhead population is believed to be between 6-18 million, which is the largest in the world. However, this 6-18 million is a needle in a haystack due to the US large population and large land size.

• Cool, did the USA had a population census with section about hair & eye color for classification purposes?

• There's a lot in the States as well. I'd say at least half of my family are red heads.

• Scotland and Australia.

• Australia or Canada. More people, more redheads.

• Probably Australia, it's the largest and most populated country with high percentage of redheads. Canada is most likely the close second, although it's larger, but they have much less redheads.