Facebook is very annoying - 48 hour rule when you unblock someone, you can't block them again for 48 hours. Help!

I had someone which I don't like due to major issues on my block list on Facebook. To be honest I got a little curious to check out her profile, stupidly I unblocked her checked out her profile and went to put her on unblock again not to realize Facebook has a ridiculous rule, in-which your not... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm no idea but my guess is they do count the 48 hours while it's deactivated. Consider this. I blocked you and then unblocked you. Then I deactivated my facebook account. After a year, I reactivate it... I should be able to block you and not have to wait 2 days to do that.

I made the same mistake once but I don't think he noticed that he was unblocked.

The only way they can find out during this period is if they search for you or you randomly pop up in a comment or something (when someone blocks you, they can't see your comments so sometimes it looks like people are having a conversation with themselves).

Give it a shot, if it doesn't work and you still have to wait, you could try some other things...

1. Go on your profile and limit all your privacy settings to make yourself virtually invisible to everyone you know. Go to privacy and make yourself invisible on search and invisible to friends of friends (usually by leaving it on friends only)

2. Create a new friends list and put all of your friends on this list (make sure you you add any mutual friends to this list) and limit all their settings so they can't see anything you're doing. They won't be able to interact with you in this period.

3. Go on your mutual friend's profiled. Go on their wall and recent pictures and comments and links and delete all your comments on them. It's tedious and you'll never get them back but it'll prevent her from noticing (problem is that if you used to be friends with her and you have stuff on her profile like your comments on her profile pictures, they'll show up if she's not blocked)

That's really all I can say. Sorry about your situation. Hopefully, once you activate your account, it'll let you block her again.

• Thank you for actually answering my question, rather then judging me like other answers. :)

• No big. I see why people would be judgmental- the first thought that comes up is that it's about a dumb fight but you haven't even defined your situation.

I met a guy who was weirdly obsessed with me and I eventually had to get a restraining order against him. His name still showed up sometimes though so I unblocked him to check and there was my mistake. If he was something like a rapist, I would have been screwed.

People need to understand to keep an open mind. No problem is a small problem.