Would you date a guy with a low income?

Please give brutally honest answers; do NOT try to be politically correct and give corny dishonest answers!

Would you date a guy who had a slave-labor job?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to say no, but I wouldn't if he was stuck there and began to hate it. I wouldn't want to live with someone who doesn't remotely like what they do and seem trapped in doing it over the long haul.

That kind of entrapment is big part of what I believe drove my parents apart. Not the wages, the trapped part.

I wouldn't really have a problem with being the main bread winner, which given this scenario is likely being I'm more or less going into a white collar level job market. (granted, living cost for the area is a big factor on what's actually 'low income') I'd have a problem if he became resentful towards me or himself for it though. I wouldn't want to unintentionally do that to someone.

So, ideally, I'd like someone on a sort of similar level. Though 'clicking' and personality go far past an income level. Ex: artists/musicians can earn diddly squat, but its not really a "trapped" job. Or someone could be totally fine with the 9-5 drudge, some people are. And that'd be ok.

But I'm not very like that, so I don't know what the likelihood of me clicking with that personality would be.