Would you date a guy with a low income?

Please give brutally honest answers; do NOT try to be politically correct and give corny dishonest answers!

Would you date a guy who had a slave-labor job?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to say no, but I wouldn't if he was stuck there and began to hate it. I wouldn't want to live with someone who doesn't remotely like what they do and seem trapped in doing it over the long haul.

That kind of entrapment is big part of what I believe drove my parents apart. Not the wages, the trapped part.

I wouldn't really have a problem with being the main bread winner, which given this scenario is likely being I'm more or less going into a white collar level job market. (granted, living cost for the area is a big factor on what's actually 'low income') I'd have a problem if he became resentful towards me or himself for it though. I wouldn't want to unintentionally do that to someone.

So, ideally, I'd like someone on a sort of similar level. Though 'clicking' and personality go far past an income level. Ex: artists/musicians can earn diddly squat, but its not really a "trapped" job. Or someone could be totally fine with the 9-5 drudge, some people are. And that'd be ok.

But I'm not very like that, so I don't know what the likelihood of me clicking with that personality would be.

What Girls Said 33

• Yes but only if he was really good looking. but I would not marry him so if I found someone better that had more money I'd dump him because I'm not settling down with someone who can't provide

• Honestly I would. In this economy one minute he could be the one with the low income and the next it would be me and I know I would want someone to give me a chance. However if the date is a buss and I really don't have anything in common with the guy then well what he makes wouldn't even be a decisive factor...

• I won't, to be honest.

But if the guy's pride can stand me having a higher income than him, sure, let's try. I doubt that though. Guys prefer to be better, or higher in economic status than their partners. His pride won't allow it (unless he's going to milk his partner, which is bad).

Better work hard and get himself somewhere first before pursuing someone. Supporting himself would be difficult already with a low income. He needn't trouble himself further by spending in order to pursue a girl he likes.

• what kind of income could a 18 years old girl have lol

• Oh, I see you didn't get that I was talking about how I'd deal with it in the future. And I answered based on this question asker's context.

And oh, I am earning something now, actually. :) It's relatively big for someone my age. Now if only I have more time to work, because I'm having difficulty balancing work and academic life.

Mr. Love is in the air, never judge a person's capability just by looking at his or her age. You'd be surprised what people my age can do. :)

• Yes, I would.

I understand the whole stability piece and why it would be preferable to some females if their guy can provide/equally contribute, etc. And I'm not going to judge that, what works for them works for them. But to me, a guy with a low income wouldn't scare me nearly as much as losing the guy I love because I'm too focused on financial/life stability.

Imo, a stable financial footing by no means measures up to the experience of love, especially one that's life lasting (which yes, with the current divorce rate even that too is rare apparently :p). But ultimately, I want to be able to look back on memories, not necessarily bills that were able to be payed every time, on time. :)

• Date, yes. Marry, probably not. I want a family in the future, and if he is going to be working at low-income jobs all the time, this is going to be harder.

More from Girls
28

What Guys Said 5

• girls onle date guys who are above or at par with her income, so if you are lower than her it won't happen.

• They will probley date you for a while but in time they will dump the guy, no women wants a man who does a labor job, that's just life lol

• It is like sayhing I am not a gold digger but I don't want to be called one lol. That are the answers I am seeing lol. Forget the women stack paper lol. Some people don't realize that a lot of low wage workers did or graduated from college... New stats show that women are outearning guys perhaps due to the heathcare field is in demand and nurses get PAID lol. If I was at some slave labor job, I would not want to mix a relationship with it. I would probably takeout the frustrations of the job in the relationship lol.

• Gahhh...I was gonna ask this question, you should waited till midday in eastern time to ask this.

• Bahahaha! Aww Dre I'm sure you won't have any problems catchin ladies. You'll prob even catch you a sugar momma later on today! :D

• Oh goodie :(

• This is like asking guys if they want to get kicked in the balls. You already know the answer to this.