Ex gf has dumped me twice because i'm not ambitious enough. She wants me back I refused, now I just feel sad and confused should I give it another go?

Confusion is an understatement, Ok long story short me and my ex were together for a year we are both 20, first 6 months, incredible i was honestly the happiest i have ever been with a girl we were both of our first serious relationship together. We went to Paris and Morroco in these first 6 months after meeting at the start of university.

The last 6 months of our relationship was up and down and filled with arguments. Call me naive and young minded which is what she used to call me but i have no expectations of the woman i'm with, i don't expect them to have a fancy job be able to cook and clean amazingly well etc, all i want is a woman i share a bond with and who i love and who loves me that's all that matters to me all the other things aren't important.

Well to her it does matter, i felt like she didn't like the real me and had a vision of a perfect man who she wanted to mold me into rather than excepting my faults and appreciating my postives. I am currently studying law at university, i don't have my whole life planned out like she does, she thinks because i don't have my whole life planned and in order she doesn't know where i'm going in life. She isn't sure i will be a sucessful person and can't be with me if i'm not sucessfuL. She wants a "real man" who see's it as his duty to be the breadwinner provide for the whole household while she works part time and looks after the kids. She also thought i wasn't religious enough for her also.

Anyway she dumped me over these reasons, we didn't speak for 2 months. We starting speaking again and she wanted me back, gave it another go and she dumped me again after a month. One month later she wants me back again saying all her views are wrong and she should accept me as i am and how she will never find anyone like me. She says this but when we talk i can tell her vision of a man has to earn x y z is still there.

I say no i want us to just be friends, she is upset, but now i feel sad without her...CONTINUED...
It's been a couple days and we haven't been speaking and it's making me depressed, i can't honestly cope with not speaking to her so should we get back together, is this normal should we give it time, if i truly didn't want her why do i care...
...Why am i feeling down and uspet am i denial that i still love her, when i'm with her we are so happy but then her demands and expectations ruin everything and it's not like that's going to change even if she says it will that's just how she is.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they way you envision a relationship and a woman is perfect thats what relationships are about she trying tochange who you truly are I know you may love her but you are who you are which oobviously she can't accept so her breaking up with you is going to be the norm. It sounds like. I think you should find someone whos in it for the love and not for the status or looks you're not wrong in anyway im the same about the guy im dating I dont care about his job money and whatever else just the closeness that we two have in b/w emotionally

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be a slow learner.

"i felt like she didn't like the real me and had a vision of a perfect man who she wanted to mold me into"

With that statement you've stumbled across an uncomfortable truth that in my opinion applies to women in general. They'll disagree, but experience tells me you're not the first person to have noticed this.