What does she mean by this? Can someone enlighten me please?

My girlfriend broke up with me saying that in her situation she cannot give me what I want. We have been together for 6 months, but we had to keep it a secret from my family because of some issues. She said that she cannot give me the time and love that I am looking for and that we should break up. She said that we can get back together in 2 years when we graduate and living on our own. But she told me to find other girls to see if I can find one that is more suitable for me because she said that our personalities does not match to my liking.
And she said that in 2 years if I cannot find someone better than her, we can get together then.
What does this even mean? If she wants to break up than just say its over. What is the point of saying all that other stuff? Saying all that makes it hard to move on when we broke up, she is still giving me this hope that I can still be with her... but in 2 years?
I am so confused. Can anyone enlighten me please. What would you do in this situation?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• She is trying to say "It is over" and being nice about it. She may have her doubts right now about whether it is what she wants or if this is the right time. I think it is cruel of her to give you hope about a future relationship. She isn't saying, it is over, in case she wants to change her mind.
    If i were you, i would say, your sad it's over but that you agree with her. Try to act "ok" about it and even hint that you may already be dating or have a girl in mind. Then become "busy". I know it's hard, but go out with friends, try to focus on interests and let her come to you. Try to act a little uninterested in her and don't go on saying you miss her or love her. She made this decision, she won't regret it, until she has time to miss you and whilst she thinks you still want her back. x I hope this helps x x x

Most Helpful Guy

• I think she was just trying to let you down easy. If she was serious, then maybe she just feels that she isn't good enough. I would ask her what she meant and see what you can do from there.