He Ignored Me and Then Blocked Me After He Got A New Girlfriend?

So I have been friends with this guy since January. Alright, alright I met him on an App called Skout. On our 5th month of being "friends" he confessed his love for me... okay so I did fell in love too.

He said he'd marry me and have kids with me and we made plans to see each other in the future. (He lives in Canada and I live somewhere in Asia) LOL okay so we were planning to Skype, like, 2 weeks ago... and then he just stopped talking to me for 5 days SOLID.

When I went through his Facebook I just saw that he just got a new girlfriend (who, by the way, lives near him). I got mad and told him I trusted him and so on and so forth... THEN HE BLOCKED ME ON Facebook AND ON INSTAGRAM.

I was frustrated and tried to reach him via snapchat. I said I wanted closure... and of course, he ended up blocking me on there too.

My questions are as follows: Why did he get a girlfriend so suddenly? AND why did he BLOCK me on every social media site stated above? Please help me and thanks in advance.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• As wise as I am, margaux07, it doesn't have to be etched in stone here, dear, nor Put in Newsfeed on Facebook, that he so Rudely and crudely 'Blocked' You on... as well as Other media sites... he doesn't want a LDR with someone way across God's country, would rather be with someone closer to home. Rather than Explain this, he felt it would be just Easier to 'BLOCK me' and------Forget you.
    LDR are one of the hardest ones to Have and to Uphold. I am in One, have been in One for nearly four years to a guy I had flown across the world to meet up with and ended up marrying... he found me on Fb and from there, we started our journey.
    It takes two to tango and two to make this work. Without both parties putting time and effort and patience into it, it will go dead in the water... this lame duck is no exception to my golden goose rule.
    Good luck. xx

• Wow! So happy for you! :) Thank you for this. Yep, what you said was right. It takes two to tango.

• Thank you, sweetie, however never easy to dance to their tune.. Find someone who is closer and more deserving to dance with.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 1

• 1. Because local poon > distant fantasy poon.
    2. Because you needed to die.

What Girls Said 2

• Hey, sorry you are going through all this. I know how confusing it can be when someone doesn't give you closure. One thing that I do know, if he is blocking you on the social networks stated above, he is saying that he no longer wants anything to do with the relationship you two had. The best way to handle when someone gives you no closure and just disappear, and for you to just disappear too. Don't worry about him and find something new to do... I bet you will eventually get that "hey stranger" text... lol

• Hahaha! Yeah, I wish! By then I already got bigger boobs and ass! Lmao jk haha. Thanks :D

• I know you've been talking for a relatively long time but the fact is that you've never met, and with that distance it's unlikely that you would have met often. Him saying he wants to marry and have kids is more than a bit stupid. I guess he liked the attention but in the end, it was never "real" to him. Hence it is easy for him to get rid of you. In a way, you are not a "real" person to him. I know this might sound harsh, but he has never met you.

He blocked you because right now you're nothing but an interference and he's found a girl and is no longer interested in being in touch with you.

Try not to take it too personally. And also try not to get too obsessed with another guy whom you've not met and who lives so far away that you can't meet on at least a regular basis. I know people can fall in love online, but if you can basically never meet that's just not going to work.