Tried to keep in touch with my ex boyfriend... he rejected me?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me for good a few weeks ago. I reached out to him after 2 weeks of not talking to him to say we can keep in touch from time to time. He replied "Probably not a good idea right now, my head's a little screwed up." Is he rejecting me or what's wrong with him?

32

Most Helpful Guy

• Take him at his word. He is fucking crazy and doesn't need you as drama.

• Lol, you don't even know them like that

• Hey OO, he breaks up with me cause he's not ready for a relationship. Over the course of almost a year he's been breaking up and making up on HIS TERMS without considering my feelings. He ends up regretting it, coming back and we try to make things work until he gets up and leaves again. During our many break ups he keeps saying he wants to keep talking, and maybe trying again in the future if we thought it could work. I'm not really giving him any reasons to break up with me... and he's apologized for treating me so terribly. During our most recent break up he said "Is it really necessary for you to stop talking to me" as I made it clear that I couldn't do the friends thing. But I really miss the friendship we had. Please don't jump to negative conclusions

• I was right. The negative conclusion stood; it's cyclic unhealthy behavior. I could be the girl who says "You're better off without him!" now that we know the truth of the matter but because I had to beat it out of you I'm just going to nod and leave.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dumpers suggest being friends to avoid going on a guilt trip from blindsiding you with a break-up and hurting your heart. Lets just be real here: You two have passed the boundaries of platonic friends once you willingly chose to explore each other intimately (physically and mentally). There is no chance for you to be friends now. You are too far gone. When there is even the slightest bit of physical, emotional, or mental desire even if not reciprocated, there is no realistic outcome of a friendship. When he says he wants to be ‘friends’, he doesn’t actually mean he wants you to become a homie and start hanging out like friends who don’t sleep with each other and get romantic. He’s basically saying that he wants you to be open to receive a text every now and then. He’s avoiding a guilt trip.

When you are dumped, it’s best to pick up your self-respect and dignity and walk away. You don’t owe him a friendship: he left you. For whatever reason, he gave up on your relationship and demoted you to a much less desired position on his timeline. Go ahead, drop some tears…it hurts and I know it hurts but you are going to be dumping a whole can of salt into that wound if you continue to pretend that you can actually remain present in his life. He doesn’t get to request friendship, it’s self-centered and inappropriate. His unreachable presence is just going to linger and effect your ability to heal and move on so it’s best if you decline that friendship and remove him from every aspect of your life.