Why hasn't my ex contacted me? Should I try to contact him again?

Well my ex hasn't tried contacting me, it's been 6 months that we have been broken up. We were together for 2 years, last attempts of me trying was a phone call, didn't go anywhere. I have tried plenty and just stopped so it's been 3 months of no contact. Then I talked to him at a party and he said he thinks of me and misses me but he was drunk. He told me he changed his number and well I wish he would realize what he had and try to talk to me.. Should I try to reconnect?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• When your ex said that he thinks of you and misses you that was from the heart, but he was also drunk. Sure he thinks about you but there was a reason why the two of you broke up, and once he sobered up the logic behind that kicked back in again. If he isn't contacting you and has changed his number, then that is a pretty clear indicator that he doesn't want anything to do with you and is trying to move on with his life. You should let him do that and follow his lead and do the same thing with your life. Besides, why do you want to reconnect with someone who is making it clear that they do not want to reconnect with you?

• okay so I didn't go off and reconnect because your right, but yesterday I got a friend request from him on Facebook, he had deleted me from his friends but now he wanted to add me and he sent a message saying,"haha k have a good life I'll see ya when I see ya!"

What deos this mean?

What Guys Said 1

• do it but expect bad or good, either way you are gonna come off hurt, to many people come on this site for false hope

What Girls Said 5

• Sweetie, I know it's hard and you really want to talk to him and see how's he's doing but do you really want to get hurt again? Even though ya'll haven't been together for 6 months now you still need time to heel. My EX and I were together for 5 years and were now just talking 1 1/2 later and you know what I wouldn't have it any other way so just have fun for right now with your girlfriends & have fun! And if you see him say hi & keep it short and sweet trust me he will be calling you couple day's later and maybe then you can try to be friends. Good Luck!

• Baby girl, DON'T. Just DON'T.. for holy obvious reasons. The more you try to get closer the more he'll get distant. Sink that in. Focus yourself to other important things instead.

• NO! you've already tried and it didn't go anywhere. If he misses you, as he claims, then he knows your number and he can reach you. Don't put yourself out there to get hurt or rejected.

• I have a question, who broke up with who, what was the cause of the break-up and how did it end?

• I broke up with him because it was clear that he was pulling away from me and he couldn't do it. I then regretted it but he didn't want to get back with me and why would he when he wanted us to end. His real reasons, he never said. He just said that he didn't feel the same way anymore. I know I wasn't perfect, but this is where it is now.

• Well my guess on why he's not wanting to get in contact with you, is probably because he isn't over you and it would maybe hurt him to talk with you, but at the same time he misses you, and that's why he told you so at the party when he was drunk. Maybe it seemed to you or others he was pulling away, but if he didn't tell his reasons, you never truly know.

• No you should not...i know you tried hard to talk to him but I personally think that he doesn't really interested to reconnect with you...