Have you ever seen your boyfriend cry?

We finally ended things after an off and on relationship. She said she doesn't believe me when I tell her she loves me. She didn't believe that I loved her at all because I didn't show it. Truth be told I was under so much fricken stress that I neglected her got pissed off easily and saod mean things. It just burned a hole in my heart when she said that because I would do anything in the world for her.

I didn't tear up or anything but you could see it in my face and hear it in my voice. I've always been a tough guy this was the first time she's ever seen me emotional. I feel completely emasculated.
  • Yes it was pathetic
    Vote A
  • Yes it happens
    Vote B
  • no I've never seen my boyfriend cry.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I'm not very sympathetic in general but it breaks my heart to see him cry. Doesn't matter what we're doing, if that boy starts to cry, I must hold him and make it all better. The tears come out, and we can be fighting, and I must cuddle him and hold him and fix it.

Boy: starts to cry
    Girl: oh no, oh no, oh no no no no. No tears! I will give you the kisses and the cuddles and make it all better! I fix it! Come here and let me fix it!

Boys don't cry unless something is really bothering them so you know it's serious.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• More guys than you realize cry like little babies when the girlfriend dumps them. This mostly happens because men don't see the breakup coming. While the woman has been thinking about ending the relationship for quite some time, most guys are in La La Land never the wiser of the impending doom. When it finally happens, it drops like iron anvil our ignorantly blissful head. Hopefully you didn't resort to begging which the friend of the tears you came close to shedding or, equally, let the ugly cousin anger rear its ugly head.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Yes my I've seen my ex cry plenty of times. A little crying is alright, even good because it shows you can express your emotions. But there was a point in our relationship where he cried A LOT. And it got to be a bit much.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys crying is like watching a baby cry or a puppy... So hard to not cry too.

My boyfriend cried when we discussed to break up or have a long distance. He wanted a long distance, I am more negative to it.. That is first time I have see/heard him cry. It broke my heart so I started to cry some minutes afterwards.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Have you ever seen your boyfriend cry?"

Of course. Men are human, therefore they have emotions. I don't understand the logic that men can't cry. It's natural human behavior, and they shouldn't be looked down upon for expressing themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't feel emasculated, there is nothing gendered about crying. It's your bodies way of relieving the stress of intense emotion, and you shouldn't have to repress it or feel ashamed of it. You'll feel healthier if you let yourself express your emotions.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, not full on crying.
    Once, after we got into a bit of a fight and for the longest time we still couldn't find a middle-ground. I just happened to be in the middle of exams from several classes, as a ersult exhausted and may have said something that I didn't really mean.

You know that look people get when they're about to cry? Yeah, I swear that's what he looked like in that moment.

I don't think he's any less of a man because of that. It would honestly worry me a lot more if he didn't show any form of emotion; male or female, both are still humans. It made me feel pretty terrible for what I said, nothing more.
    Don't worry about it too much. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I've seen my boyfriend cry. It's not pathetic, in any way. It's heartbreaking.

2|1
    0|0
  • I know that feeling. I've even seen my boyfriend cry, but it wasn't related to this at all. I have seen my ex cry for same reason you're talking about (which is ironic because he broke up with me). Anyway, I'm not one to judge people for crying unless it's obviously for no good reason. I try to be sympathetic, but my own impatience gets in the way of that.

When it comes to my boyfriend, I know he only cries when there is something really wrong. I've only seen him cry once and he stopped himself and changed the subject and kept trying to make me make him smile, which I did. He tried to hide the fact that something bothered him enough to make him cry, even though I was more understanding than I think I've ever been and I was helping calm him down. He hates crying just as much as I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not since we've been together but I've known him since we were younger so I saw him cry then

0|0
    0|0
  • I never had any of my exes cry before me

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Yea.. I have. It was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen. I smacked him so hard n' told him that I'm the only bitch n' dis house who gets to cry just cuz their mother died! :v

0|0
    1|0
  • Hey, dude. We had same experience. Days ago, I broke up with my first love. She said I just like her characters or, personality, not her. I know it's because I didn't give attention and care to her. This is my first, I don't know how to love her and show my love. No matter what I say, she didn't believe me. It's a hard question.

0|0
    0|0
    • I ended up writting my girl a long ass letter explaining the station and how I messed up by shutting everyone out. Told her she beatific what I love about her. All the little things. Still haven't gotten a response but I'm hoping she will believe me at this point.

• situation not station

• I'd be more shocked that someone thought they were my boyfriend.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never seen my boyfriend cry, I'm afraid.

If I ever turn gay and get a boyfriend and see him cry I'll get back to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only cried once in like 3 years when i reached a breaking point and i couldnt stop crying for anyhthing.. i just gave in and let it out

0|0
    0|0
  • What the? you think only girls cry? get out of here So you always been TOUGH If you don't cry what a load of bull shit

0|0
    0|0
  • I'v seen people crying on the edge of life many times...

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't stand having people see me cry

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes