See my ex before I leave? The move is permanent so I won't be returning. I told him to give me time to decide if I want to see him. Should I leave without saying goodbye?

Last year my ex boyfriend of 3 years broke up w me. A few months ago he asked to be friends and I finally agreed to try a friendship. Problem is, although he has a girlfriend, we eventually slept together, he would take me out, stay over, etc.. Last month I cut him off because I felt guilty about we were doing.

The point is, I'm moving to another state next month & I don't know if I should agree to see him before I go. He wants to take me out as a happy bday/going away gesture. The move is permanent so I won't be returning. I told him to give me time to decide if I want to see him. Should I leave without saying goodbye?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• He was cheating on his girlfriend with you. I don't know what you guys had before, but he is obviously not trust worthy. Who's to say he never cheated on you

I would not give him the courtesy of a farewell/goodbye because it sounds like he doesn't actually care about you, but was just using you for sex.

What Guys Said 1

• No you should go to the dinner , but make it clear that is where you will leave it and not to expect anything but a hug in the end

What Girls Said 2

• What will you regret more, not meeting him and always wondering if you should have? or meeting him and it not being what you want? You've already been strong enough to break it off with him, its up to you if you think you can get through a dinner without it messing up your head.

• Yes absolutely, he sounds to me he doesn't know what he wants and it's time you stood strong and started your new life without him in it, it sounds like he used you for when she wasn't available.. Don't be that girl again and go and leave him wondering what could of been, a lot of people especially guys realise what they had when it's gone... You go girl be strong !