How to answer a "hey you" text from ex?

How do you respond to a text like that. He is the one who ended the relationship and he still contacts me but most of the time he calls me but occasionally will text "hey you" or "hey" what do I say to that?

116

What Guys Said 5

• "hey you"

muah: sup, im doin good. yourself?

• "hi how r u?"

that's how i'd respond

• "Me?" do that

• you could reply back

hey , cheese face

• You need to decide what you want, before you reply

What Girls Said 11

• I text "hey you" when I was used to calling that person something else (baby.. ect) it's like a cute way to break the ice. If you just say "hey." To an ex, The tone feels kinda awkward. But for me saying "hey you :)" is a way of being flirtatious. Maybe you were on his mind and he's not necessarily wanting you back, but something made him think of you so he just wanted to drop a hello and see how you are. I would respond.

• I would just say "Hey" back.

I really wouldn't try to converse much with someone who is my ex.

Are you over him?

• "Good bye" if you don't want to talk to him.

He's probably wanting to see what you're up to. I would text him and ask why he's contacting you since you two are broken up

• If you don't want to talk to him, you ignore it. If you do want to talk to him, you say like "Hi, how's it going?" Or whatever.

• I would not answer at all. But if you want to keep in touch with him then I would answer "Hello. How are you doing? :) " .

• I guess he is fishing for your attention. Copy his text and send it back to him. See if he reacts and invests more now or if he just stops communicating

• Don't respond if you don't want anything to do with them.

• Classic case of reaching out periodically to keep communication open... just in case he realizes he wants you back in the near future. Is that acceptable to you? Do you still have feelings for him? If not, I wouldn't reply and would move on.

• I still love him very much but I feel like he just doesn't want to get back together though. But every time he text me "Hey" he doesn't respond but he calls about 5-10 minutes later.

• I would say what do u want? Lol or so thing like that. I was going to say that to a guy but my mom was like no no be nice.

• Just say "what" so it doesn't seem like you care

• Don't reply at all.