If you truly love someone could you walk away from him/her?

117

Most Helpful Guy

• I have had a great insight from GaG for which i will be forever grateful. I always suspected when women said 'love' they meant something more like 'control' but now, so many here obviously judge love by what measure of control they have over a man I have come to think it is the default for females to see love as a kind of magic spell which will give them power over a guy.

What keeps me from walking away is commitment, it comes from inside me. I choose to do what I think right. If I thought it was the right thing to do i would walk away no matter how I felt about her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have before. One of the hardest decisions I have ever made by far! He was my first love. My everything, during that time. I didn't see how toxic our relationship was until I was in too deep. He was manipulative and controlling. Very emotionally abusive. Cheated multiple times and I caught him red handed. Yet, he still to this day (he calls me randomly) refuses to admit his wrongs. I was young then, only 15. My first ever real relationship but as I look back now I don't think it was real at all. I left him when I was almost 17. It took me awhile to get over him. I met someone new when I was 17, and had my first child. At 19, I had a second child with the same man and we have been together since I had met him. I realize now that my current boyfriend saved me from the toxic waste of a life I was living while being in control of my ex. If it wasn't from him and my children I fear that I would still be trapped under my ex's spell. It still crosses my mind from time to time, of course. But when I look back now I don't feel the pain anymore. Instead, I can look back and smile at the good memories I had with my ex. Because truly he did help me become the woman I am today and he taught me a lot, no matter how badly he hurt me.

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 10

• Under certain circumstances yes. Sometimes love isn't enough. It was one of the hardest lessons I have ever learned. Sometimes you give something your all and it still doesn't work. You have to let go. It takes two to make things work and often times although the love is there, the people aren't working together to grow and better one another. They wind up hindering eachother. They become unhealthy for one another. Most things can be worked out, but both parties have to be equally invested at making the needed changes and that doesn't always happen. Often times one person is more invested than the other, and less willing to give up, but they cannot carry the relationship for two completely all of the time. They are the ones that wind up getting more hurt but often learn more from the experience. And it also helps to know that although it doesn't seem like it, finding love again is always possible.

• I think no matter how hard it is , sometimes you just need to let them go. I'm going through something difficult and wish very much things were different but my ex has made things too difficult to even deal with. My ex met someone 3 weeks ago and apparently they are having a baby. We have children together too but I guess the three he walked away from isn't enough and this women has two of her own. I am slowly realizing I need to let go of toxic people and move on with my own life. At the end sometimes that's all you can do.

• It would depend; you can truly love somebody, but no longer feel that you are IN love with them due to issues that could be occurring in your relationship. Often times, no matter how much we love someone, the dynamic of the relationship can be compromised, making love not quite enough to keep it going in a healthy manner. So yes, if it came to a point where I didn't see it getting any better, I could.

• Nope. Because if we got into a position where we should consider breakup, then that means one of us fucked something up, which means one that person loves less, which means love really isn't there. I can't love someone who doesn't love me back. It takes two.

• It might hurt to walk away, but yea I would.

• Yes. I think so.

• It's really hard to do, but you can. Especially if the other person doesn't feel the same way or doesn't give you what you deserve.

• No I could not its not love if you leave

• Yes! Two people may love each other , but they have too many issues and the relationship can't be saved. Sometimes people have to realize and accept , that some people can stay in your heart... but not in your life.💔

• Yes... we can't do anything about our life situations... we need to let go sometimes... if we are meant to be God will make it happen somehow... else not... trust in God..