My boyfriend dumped me so he could play video games 24/7, will his immature sorry ass ever regret this?

After 3 years of being together he does this. He was a gamer when we started dating but not as much as now. He goes to school, plays games and sleeps. That's all he does. He is addictive to it, it not only affected our relationship but his social life overall, he doesn't have any friends because of it and he never goes out of the house. I tried not being so naggy about it and tried to give him his space (since I'm a gamer too, but not as HC as him), but it didn't matter. When I would give him space, he would ignore me and we wouldn't spend any time together. When I would I start complaining he would start fighting. When I ignore him and reject sex he would be like totally fine with it and would just go in game then. We had a talk about this and he then just dumped me. He said himslef that he's sorry, that it's not my fault, but that he really just enjoys playing games more then anything, that that's his priority. I'm freaking hearbroken for this looser!

And it really is an addiction, he plays games 12+ hours a day on weekends and 8 hours on school days. He would ditch plans with me because of this and he would never give to shits about my emotions. We played some games together, but we have different taste in games (I like MOBA and MMORPG's and he likes FPS games). I even wanted to play stupid CS. GO with him but he didn't want to because I'm a "noob" at it and he would rather play with his pro buddies.

98

Most Helpful Guy

• OK my answer is in two parts. 1. The answer and 2. Questions of my own.

1. Yes he will regret it. He'll get horny and then realise that no women will want to have sex with a loser who just sits around playing video games and never experiences real life. Chances are that after a while he will come crawling back to you and pretend he's sorry.

2. What the hell are MOBA and MMORPG's? And what is CS?
    I used to like the game Vandal Hearts when I was but a young boy, ever played it? It was awesome. Best game in history.

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like a horrible boyfriend. Thank Gawd you don't have to deal with his unsatisfying relationship ways anymore! He did you a favor. Seriously. Surely, you'll miss being blown off for video games or not being able to enjoy a wedding or family event because you have a fidgety boyfriend who eagerly wants to get home, sit on his ass, and virtually kick azz. -_- LOL

I know you're heartbroken now, but just let time do it's thing and it will be a matter of time before some other guy comes along and upstages his pathetic manhood.

• Yeah thank you, you are right. I know he did me a favor but I did loved him. It wasn't like this before. He is overall not an evil person. He is a very funny guy, though, and I'm gonna miss that. And we had great sex. And well we were both gamers. But damn I'm so sad. I know I shouldn't be, but I am. I feel sad for him because he has such a great potential to be a dream guy and he is throwing it all away. I really hope he's gonna regret this, for his own good. And I hope I'm gonna get through this.

• There's nothing wrong with being a gamer, but there is something wrong with being addicted to gaming or so consumed by it that you fail to satisfy a partner's mental and emotional needs.

You will get through this. I know it stings, but there are better romantic experiences out there. Trust me.

What Guys Said 7

• Sounds like it's time to find yourself a new gamer boyfriend xP

Forget about him, you don't need him. He never really needed you in the first place judging by the way he is, you were just there as a filler to make him feel good if anything.

I hope one day you'd play beat him at some of his best games and hand his ass over to him over and over, and then ask him, that's right who is the real "noob" now? lol

• I think you would learn to regret it if you stayed with him. A relationship is not what he needs right now and this relationship is absolutely not what you need.

• Ahahahaha that man knew what he had to do... the moment you used sex as a weapon your relationship went to shit and if he engaged with you it would not have gone any better.
    Anyways it is not my choice of life-style, i would not recommend it in the slightest either but what can you do to change his mind... thats right... nothing.

• Lol all in favor of euthanizing dudes that rot away in front of video games say aye

• just move on, this type of immature man never really changes, he wants everything but makes no effort with anything beyond his gaming

• Buddy he's not immature. It's the right way of dealing with a toxic relationship. Her ex was right for what he did. He ended it. 😊

• Dude just prefers games to reality. It's a kick in the teeth, but in a way he's being kind by letting you go. I'm sure he'll regret it one day.

• No video-games are much better than modern women... There's no equality in relationships anyways, so why don't you go find another dog and leave the poor guy alone!!

• That doesn't make any sense. :D

• Feminist laugh right there...

What Girls Said 8

• If somebody plays upwards of 24 hours a week they are considered to be an addict and getting them to break the habit will not be easy. Most of his "pro buddies" will probably be virtual and he will never have met them in the real world and he will have serious issues interacting with real people. Playing FPS games will be even worse as the violence can affect you psychologically and make you more aggressive.

Now as a game ages the number of people playing it will drop and he will find his "buddies" start to vanish and then he will start to realise how lonely he truly is.

Just remember that if he ever tries to go back to you just hand him an advert for a Flesh Light and then tell him to go and f**k that instead.

• Who cares if he regrets it? Do you really want to be w/a man who is glued to his games? It is very painful when we find out the person we love doesn't even see us as a priority. My ex was that way, still a man child. I was heartbroken when I saw where his priorities lay, but I was also pretty embarrassed thinking about how he would talk about his video games and card games to people we would be around.

• It is an addiction so no! He doesn't know you exist. Same reason I got out of two relationships one video games the other beer

• Why would you care? He sounds like a complete loser. Especially if he's 25-29 years old like you (?)

• That's a lot guys that loves games that's guy thing my ex boyfriend is big gamer to. Plus I mean gamer to but it's just how guys are just give him time then he well realize what he lost.

• Probably when he gets sick from playing too much and there is no one to call for help.

• Maybe yes, maybe no, I don't know.
    There are equal chances for both scenarios to happen.

• When he grows up