Why do guys turn rude after break up?

I am wondering why guys can be rude to everyone after a break up?
Is it anger? Is it bitterness? Is it annoyance?

why do some people take it out on others and feel that they can get away with that type of behaviour?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a mix of all the things you specified,
    since we feel rejected our ego is hurted and or self confidence get decrased,
    we're angry to the person who made this to us and we start doing something in order to regain ourselfes back.
    So we feel better and comfortable in future, no matter what the girl is done to us, we're supposed to be ABOVE her and ABOVE the things.

• I was not rude to him ever therefore his behaviour is unprofessional.

thanks your answer is really helpful. It is helping me understand the 'male mind'

• That's why I type it in this way :)

What Guys Said 6

• It depends on the individual. For instance, I'm not one to bottle things up inside. If I'm annoyed or hurt by something (which rarely happens) I hit the gym, go for a run, or do something else to get it out of my system.

Other guys will bottle it up because they don't want to "talk about their feelings." That ends up turning into edginess, aggression, and sometimes violence.

• Depends on the person and how the breakup happened. For me I'd just accept it, move on and maybe find someone better.

• hmm. he broke up with me. and now is rude with everyone at work. im with another guy so maybe thats why he's rude? why would he care? i have accepted that he dumped me so whatever. thanks for your opinion.

• i figured he would have found a girlfriend if he dumped me. if he's jealous i moved on before him, i'm glad he's my ex and we're done :) current boyfriend actually has more going for him.

• He probably thought you'd never move on and find someone else. But that's what happens when you dump someone.
      Anyway, let go of the past and look towards the future. Cut all contact and keep moving forward. The best of luck to ya. :)

• seems like bitter. and for obvious reasons.

• People become bitter for many reasons. Can you really blame them? Especially if they're the one who got broken up with.

• makes sense. i am the one he broke it off with :)

• Most women think it's "turning rude" but for the most part it's just switching over to normal. When he was pursuing you and with you it was in his best interest to treat you as well as possible... now that it's over, the incentive that drove him to treat you great is gone, he most likely just transisitioned to treating you like he treats everyone else. Which by comparison is worse. But objectively is neutral

• Guys can be emotional 💁🏻

What Girls Said 1

• Because they hurt!

• sometimes I doubt that if they hurt others willingly