Why are guys so mean after a break up?

I don't understand my ex at all. So I talked to my ex Friday night and he said he might give me another chance in the future and that he will text me sometime. Well I lost it Saturday and texted him he said as of right now we won't be getting back together ever. You don't listen to me. Goodbye. I tried talking to him to apologize and his answer was no. Could he be acting like this because he's mad? Do you think if I give him one or two months no contact do you think he may change his mind? He gave me chances before so I don't know if he will change his mind. Please help what to do! I know I shouldn't of bothered him because he needed space but I missed him. He has changed his mind before in the past but I don't know if he will again

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not true that only guys are mean after a breakup, because girls can be the same way too. Its totally gender neutral, and only depends on the individual.

Your question doesn't seem to be clear with respect to who initiated the breakup. If it was you who dumped him, then there is a good chance that he might accept you back in his life at some point. But if it was him who dumped you, then your chances are significantly low (although its not impossible).

By the way, you mentioned that he changed his mind many times. Irrespective of the reason, it seems to suggest that he's an immature, fickle minded guy who changes his mind often. Hence, I'd definitely recommend you DON'T get try to get back with him. You don't really have to be with someone who changes his mind so often.