How weird is it to contact your ex's ex?

I'm not going to go into too much detail! But, basically my boyfriend well ex. left me for someone else. And now they're not together anymore. Would it be weird if I contacted the girl. I mean... I'm just hoping maybe a friendship might could come of it? Or just to let her know he was a jerk. And she wasn't the only one he did that way! (He was a major player!)

• Pretty weird.
  • Not weird.
Select a gender to cast your vote:
If it's weird! Why would it be weird?
The relationship with me and him only lasted about 2 months. Same with this girl. It lasted about the same time. I don't want it to be weird.

910

Most Helpful Guy

• The question says ex's ex... but you're asking about contacting your ex's current.

And yes it's weird. Why do you want to be friends with some girl you don't know simply because she's fucking the guy who left you? Something's off in your head.

• Well, actually the girl he left me for he's not with her anymore... so it is my ex's EX...

• Doh, sorry. Glossed over that part.
      Still weird. Are you going to try to befriend every girl he lives in his wake?

• Nope! I'm not! I just feel like a part of me should reach out to this girl. But, I'm not sure If I'm actually going to do it or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• Even if he was a jerk, I wouldn't say anything bad about somebody to someone else. To me, that's just not a way to start any relationship. Keep your tongue clean and it will pay off for you by eliminating drama.

What Guys Said 9

• Uhm... tho I think I see where you're going with this, just... don't.

• Ok. Can you explain to me why it might be weird? Please.

• This is true lol...
      Would you mind giving me an example on how to start the message. I guess I'm overthinking (which I tend to do) should I explain how I know her?

• Lol. Silly. Of course you're going to have to say something as to how you know her. She probably won't be happy hearing about him (would you be?). Just be gentle, like writing a letter to yourself. What would you say? Hi, I'm *insert name here*. I'm a student at *such school* and I think we may have some things in common. (leave it at that, you'll pique the female interest). Or go further and tell her everything. Girls know a lot more about girls than guys do, lol. But that's what I'd do.

• If you acquired an STD from this guy then you should contact her. Otherwise no.

• I had not sexual relations with him. He lives in another state.

• So he didn't really leave you because you were never together. So definitely no.

• He said we were together. He said we were in a relationship. He said I was his woman.

• Rather weird with those I knew 'too much' about, good with the others

• That would be strange

• Who caresssss

• yes, there's really no point.

• For me it feels like im talking to with her for the first time

• Huh? I'm sorry.. I don't understand...

• it feels like i talk with her for the first time -.- *facepalm*

• Hard up weird for sure

• Kind of weird.

• Why would it be weird? Please explain.

What Girls Said 8

• Pretty weird. I'd never contact a girl my ex left me for. It's best left in the past, and just move on from the whole situation. Nothing good will be gained from it. She'll probably know by now what sort of person he is anyway

• See this really only depends on how big of a POS this guy is and how long you both dated him. Have you ever spoken to this girl before?

• I think you should avoid that situation as far away from yourself as possible. Why would you want to be friends with someone who dated your ex? Even if you're not together anymore.

• Ok... yeah... I guess you're right...

• Pretty weird.

• I wonder why girls do that 😂

• Whyy? Let it go and move on with your life. He apparently has a track record of this.. unless you're looking for someone to commiserate with.. just please do yourself a favor and move on.. he obviously has!! Twice now!

• Well you shouldve told her when she dated him. Now is too late, but if you want to then go ahead. It would be a bit awkward for her though. Its quite weird because it would seem like you're still interested in what your ex is up to, and not quite moved on yet

• No it's not weird.