What should I do with jewelry from my ex?

My ex whom I dated for almost 2 years gave me this necklace, and I guess its sorta nice... One of the best pieces that where giving to me and I was wondering what to do with it? I know that I don't want it, or ever wear it. Should I give it back? Sell it? Him and I don't talk at all and near the end there was hardly any communication and a lot of resentment. should I just mail it to him?

55

Most Helpful Guy

• Legally it was a gift you own it, you have property or title in the chattel personal. You can ebay it, or give it to charity, make a gift of it, if you can't keep it...lots of other things you can do suppose like flush it down the toilet, or throw it off a bridge...

What Guys Said 4

• It's yours and unless he is asking for it back, he is expecting you to keep it.

If it is real gold(and you don't want to keep it) then I would suggest you take it to a jeweler and have the necklace melted down to something you could get use out of, like a ring, earrings, etc.

• Honestly, what you can do is keep it, in 20 years you may regret giving it away. Its apart of your history, just put it in a memory box with all of your ex's stuff. Maybe one day you may have a reason to wear them again, maybe not. Also remember if its made out of gold, the price of gold keeps going up :P

• he gave it to you as a gift, legally it's your's

sell it if you like, consider even donating it

• sell it

What Girls Said 5

• Well, my boyfriend and I broke up, but got back together, about two months ago. Chris, when we were at the beginning of our relationship got me a necklace as well. I loved it! It was a silver, heart necklace studded with dimonds. When we broke up I thaught about giving it back or throwing it away, but instead I chose to keep it. I think a gift, no matter who it belongs to should be treasured. It's an item of your past. You could show it to your children one day. Tell them about your past relationships. It would be a cool thing to talk about when they are teens and need help with boy problems. You could tell them about this person you were with. Just think about it. I don't have all of the answers, but I hope that this helps somehow.

• I gave mine back. Let him worry what to do with it. If I throw it, I'd feel bad. If I sell it, I'd feel bad too so I just gave it back.

• Your question reminds me of something I read about on link - it was about divorce rings. Granted, you're not divorced but it's the same idea in the sense that you're searching for a way to make the best out of a piece of jewelry you love without carrying around the sentiment. Now you didn't say what kind of necklace it is so it's hard to say what your options are, but generally speaking, you could find a way to disassemble the necklace and make a new piece of jewelry out of it. If it's a bead necklace, you could make it into a bracelet and an anklet. If it's a gold necklace, you could have it melted and make it into a whole know piece of jewelry. As you can see, I don't think you should send it back to him. If it were an engagement ring, of course that would be a different story.

• Sell it! A gift belongs to the recipient after it is accepted, so no matter the status of the relationship the necklace belongs to you. If you don't want to see it anymore then sell it. It will give you closure and not to mention a cash benefit.

• Sell it! My ex gave me a wii and I sold it a week after we broke up! So sell it!