He broke up with me because of my past?

I was really happy with a guy and we were good together and then he broke up with me out of the blue. I found out a week later it's because he found out who I have slept with in my past. I've only slept with a few guys and after I was in two abusive relationships I hooked up with two guys (different times obviously and in the space of two months, and five months before this relationship) I didn't know these guys were friends with my boyfriend. He found out through somebody else and broke up with me without an explanation until now. He's angry and thinks I'm a slut, said he's insecure about this and he can't put the thought of me with them out of his mind so he doesn't want to be with me. But it only happened when I was depressed and low after bad relationships, I'm not sure what I can do. How can I get him to trust me again?

I just wanted add that he's slept with 15+ girls while I can count mine on one hand

38

Most Helpful Guy

• It's nothing about trust. Some people don't like dating people who have had sex with their friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is so easy to use sex as an anti-depressant, without thinking of the consequences. This is one case that backs up my plea to girls to keep their body count down. I get quite a bit of criticism for that. People say it should not matter. Sorry, but it very often does.

What can you do? Probably not a lot. He has limits set in his mind, and you have gone past those limits. What makes it worse is that these two were friends of this guy.

Best bet, if you can, is just to keep in touch with him. See how it goes. Give him a bit of time.

• It sounds like his limits only apply to his partners. I think his problem is not your number or his number. It is the fact these guys know him. He feels like he has got their left overs. I do not mean that to sound awful. I am just trying to put myself in his shoes. How he is really thinking.

• I understand what you're saying, I would probably feel the same way if I was him. I'm just unsure what I can possibly do, he isn't even close to these guys. I appreciate your opinion on this!

• Thank you for MHO.

What Guys Said 7

• You don't. You accept that actions have consequences, learn from it, and move on

• That kid is not ready for a relationship. Move on.

Two words for you: Short Dick (mentally and emotionally speaking, if not actually a physical problem)

• he doesn't want to date a sloot

• Good boy gives loyalty and bad no comment

• I understand his point of view. And the answer is, you can't. You either wait and be his friend without seeing anyone in the meantime, which will take a long time. Or you move on if you feel like this guy isn't really for you.

• A lot of guys don't want to be with a girl their friend has slept with. Other guys don't really sleep around and want women who are the same.

Move on, there are more guys out there who won't care.

• Checking the update. Yeah he may be a bit of a hypocrite which is even better reason to move on and find a guy who likes you for you. One guy who's a hypocrite not liking you for a count that's not even a third of his (and frankly not worth your time) doesn't represent all guys. Other guys won't care. Though I think that this has more to do with you sleeping with his friends than it does about your count.

• He isn't even close with these guys that's the sad thing. He just knows them, which is difficult because he still a popular guy and knows everybody. And that is true, it just feels like such an over the top reaction to me though

• You're better off without him. There will always b people like that. Find someone who values you and loves you for who you are. He seems a bit immature though. Just give yourself time and sooner or later you'll find someone who doesn't care about your past.

• Leave him alone already. He doesn't want to date a girl who all his friends have fucked. No one wants to. That's like the worst thing and now you even want to push him into that position? Seriously leave him alone.

What Girls Said 2

• Some guys have an issue with girls sleeping with more than a handful of guys (some girls have this issue too). Some don't. It's a personal thing.
    You just have to try talking to him as best you can but the decision rests with him not you unfortunately. He has to come to a place he's comfortable with it

• you're better off without him if he can't handle the past