How to deal with a sudden and unexpected ghosting?

i've known this girl off and on for 2 years , sometimes things between us are better than other times. things started out a bit off at the start of this summer but then they got fairly good and we had some good nights out together.

but then she just like ghosted me at the start of August and I've barely seen her this month and tried texting her and literally got nothing out of her as to why?

so I'm not sure whats going on with her and how to deal with this situation , its also possible she reappears at some point and decides to be friends with me again? but not feeling that optimistic about it

she reappeared and I'm not sure if things are fine or not? she never mentioned my texts or replied back to them but seemed to sort of aknowledge I sent them.

103

Most Helpful Girl

• you should ask yourself if she's worth it? and you may jump to saying yes without really thinking about it. what you should focus on is what are the chances she is just using you. it may be that she was using you to feel better about herself and not serious about dating you for some reason. the chances that she found someone else so she "no longer needs you" is likely. if she reappears I would be cautious, because the chances of this may be more likely than you think. if you are tempted to talk to her again take into consideration that if she's already done it before and got away with it then she will get the idea that she can do it whenever she wants. it's the same for cheating. I highly recommend you forget her and move on. it may be hard but keep in mind you deserve better

Most Helpful Guy

• Cut her off and move on. Don't let people play with your emotions. She's probably ganna do it again looking for attention. Give her a taste of her own medicine

What Girls Said 9

• She has a boyfriend or someone of interest and you are the backup guy she can run back too when it goes titups for her.. she will reappear if she has history of doin so.. but do u want to be constantly second best to whoever she's seeing at the moment? Just change your number and leave her be, she don't have the right to do that to you.. are you a doormat?

• Best thing to do when you are ghosted, thank her. She revealed who she is as a person and you don't need someone who treats you like a toy.

• You need to stop all contact and don't get weak. She will come back when she notices it made no difference to you. If she doesn't, you have just won.

• I have been ghosted in the past and it sucks and I've gone back to that person only for them to do it again. it is best to just move one.

• What is your relationship with her?

• friends? I guess , we talked and hung out this summer and past summers at bars and restaurants here , we seemed to have a pretty good connection which is why I'm left so confused by this

• That is odd... you've tried reaching out?

• I'd confront her and basically ask her "what do I mean to you?" because if she cares and values your friendship and you she would reply and wouldn't drop off the planet, this is all dependent on what her answer is. She may just not be the right friend for you, some people are just toxic and create unnecessary drama in your life. I'd definitely reavaluate whether she is worth your time and effort

• Makes me think even more you should let this person go, they'd know they have been ghosting you this entire time, with no apology that's very unimpressive. I'd confront and leave, this person clearly doesn't value you

• no I'm confused by whats going on here , it like she feels some sort of connection when with me but for some reason doesn't value me enough to care and seems to have other people in her life she'd rather spend time with

• There's your answer there sadly... That's why I'd definitely confront the person but its looking like it's best to walk away, you don't own her an explanation given how she's treated you

• she is hanging around with other guys. when she gets frustrated she gets back to you cause you are always there. thats my opinion and im a girl and did that sometimes

• Move on, why are you wasting your time with someone you have no intention of staying with for the rest of your life? Think of the opportunity costs and all the time you're wasting on this person who doesn't care about you. Seek mutual affection.

What Guys Said 2

• If she's gone then the situation is pretty much over. Move on and be done with her, ignore her if she tries to show up again because she's probably just using you.

• I mostly only see her during the summer so is only a few bar nights left where she might show up and if she doesn't I agree it does seem to be over

• Sorry to hear