How to deal with being ghosted?

I know I shouldn't take it personally but it's been difficult.

819

Most Helpful Guy

• I always just repeat some iteration of 'hey, i'm an adult, you don't have to ghost me if you don't think this is working out. I would have infinitely more respect for you if you'd handled this openly because I'm not that fragile that I need the cold shoulder to shield me from some rejection. Its really not that big a deal, I understand & i've done the same thing with other people'

• Whatever you write to them to try guilt them, they literally won't give a fuck. That's why they ghosted the other person cause they're too lazy to say they aren't interested anymore. In short, they don't want to invest anymore time in the other person. Getting butthurt about being ghosted isn't going to change their mind. Better to move on.

• I don't care about guilting them, if that happens though i'm perfectly content with it lol

I just don't feel like that's an adult way to end contact with someone else. I don't want to ever be rude about it, I just want them to have some nuts about it if they truly don't want to talk because its wrong to ghost people out of nowhere. I don't give a fuck if they're too lazy for common courtesy, that's not going to stop me. They can continue acting lazy & not even read my message if that's how they wanna play it.

• Fair enough and I'm 100% with you on how rude it is. I only ghosted once before and that's cause her dating profile was a lie.

But I'm not going to waste more time on them msging again and looking needy in the process.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cry it out if you need to, let time help you heal and try to go on from there. People who ghost usually never think about the other person's feelings or whats its like to be in their shoes. They are selfish and only thinking about themselves, these people usually won't get it until they find someone they're truly interested in ghosts them. These people think running away solves problems and less painful, and that's not the kind of people you want in your life anyways. If they don't have the backbone to tell you they are no longer interested, then they probably don't have the backbone to handle real issues in a relationship.