Have you ever pushed someone away then regretted it?

Just a curious question
If you have regretted it, what did you do?

Have you ever pushed someone away who loved you and realized it was a mistake.

If you naturally push people away and don't want anyone to get to know you, is there a reason for it?

1114

Most Helpful Guy

• Of the 3 serious relationships that I had, two of the women who broke up with me told me that they regretted letting me go literally after a few months after breaking it off. I have never been there one to initiate a break up, so I've never regretted letting someone go.

Most Helpful Girl

• i push people away all the time. its just my defense mechanism to keep myself from getting hurt. and i always regret it cos we could've been friends. and i bitch all the time because i have no friends when really its my fault. so yeah, its an ongoing spiral for me

What Guys Said 13

• I used to push everyone away and regret it. That's the nature of a self-saboteur.

• Yeah. There was this girl from my middle school who wanted me so bad and I just completely ignored her. I was so stupid. I've learned a lot since.

• Dude same with me except in high school. She was so pushy, definitely attractive though.

• I don't think I've ever pushed anyone away, at least not knowingly or purposely.
    I have regretfully lost someone because of my own inaction before. Which is probably what pushed that person away.

• What did I do? Unfortunately I acted on my mistake far too late, but I did still make the necessary steps and changes I needed to make.

• There is a lot to it unfortunately and I wouldn't want to dump it all on you.

• I would be more than willing to listen if you ever want to get it out, just let me know, here or on private message either way.

• She was like clingy and a stalker but now I look back and she was my only friend and I love her now but it's not possible she liked me so hard back then but now I know I can't be in that place so I stand on the side and it breaks my heart seeing her get hurt and I can't help her

• Yep. Pushed away my best friend. I went through a depression after a breakup, and I lived in a fog for the next year. When I came out, I was determined to do away with relationships that were too close. Our relationship was a casualty, and i haven't talked to her in 5 years. We legit loved each other and brought each other out of some bad times, so I regret not being there for her.

• Im sorry to hear that maybe one day you'll reconnect

• I did that to a lot of people in high school, but I don't really think I regret it

• Sort of

• Yes but they were gonna leave anyways

• I did, but for the greater good

• Nope !! Cos I always had that moment where I realised whatever I lost I was granted something way better in exchange of them :)

• Nope. I've never had to push anyone away.

• Yup not only once. But I dnt really regret it. I just miss the time we spent together.

• I pushed someone off a cliff and didn’t regret it.

What Girls Said 10

• I was pushed away recently. I don't know why. I was the best girlfriend;loyal, honest, trustworthy, caring, not clingy, understanding, loving etc
    Guys are terrible and are idiots.

• I only regret doing it once, every other time I don't really care about. This one time though, it was the stupidest thing I've ever done and I'd do anything to go back in time and change it but sadly life doesn't work like that

• I do that to everyone and I really can't help it. I've regretted it, but I've had the chance of talking to them again and the same thing just ends up happening.

• I don't regret it, but I do feel bad; I want to be a bit more nice.

• I did push away someone I loved... but I don't regret it.
    Cz I feel it made their life less difficult.
    I wish him well :)

• I'm not talking about a break up but I've pushed "friends" away before and no I do not regret it. If I pushed people aways it was for a reason.

• Yes, I pushed him away. It hurts me to see him now. Even though we both hurt each other I was the one who pushed him away. I still think about him but I’ve learned to let good things go.

• I have

• Yes. Pushing people away when they get too close is unfortunately a key feature of my personality 😕

• No l didn't regret