Would you forgive a cheater?

Have you forgiven a cheater? Or would you?
Why or why not?Would you forgive a cheater??

• Yes
    21%(13)23%(30)Vote25%(17)
  • No
    79%(49)77%(99)Vote75%(50)

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted no, and as such I haven't forgiven cheating on me (which unfortunately has happened more often than expected).

However as I grew more mature, I was cheated on and I was able to forgive. The reason? It depends sooo much. And also, if you've ever been a cheater for whatever reason (specially if you don't consider yourself a cheater) it teaches you a lesson on how to understand what goes in the mind of the cheater. And as such, it is your maturity and strength that will show you which way to take, even if the way of forgiveness can be very hard.

As a male, we all are testosterone walking bags, and unless we have the experience to value what we have in our relationship, or overmore to understand what it would be the other way around, we are cheaters by nature and often no need for emotions is implied.

My experience has taught me that usually females do have more emotions in their cheating practice, but that is not a rule and those emotions are often distorted by their sexual desires. Males can fall in that distortion, but females are more prone to it. Yet it does not mean that the cheating was sexual, and if you are a male who was cheated on, you have to analyze things to the extreme, and make sure to put yourself into her position. This functions also the other way around.

Forgiving an infidelity is hell. Beware that the use of my logic and analysis can forgive her mistakes, but because they are sexual they will effect my mood anyway, since sexuality is a primal instinct. Yet, you can forgive, but forget is more difficult, and thus not having he pain.

Most Helpful Girl

• I couldn't forgive a heater because that's the only thing that sets your relationship apart from everyone else is sex and that intamacy between you and that's what makes your relationship special and stronger not to mention so much deeper than all the rest. But you cheat what is left between you two obviously the relationship meant nothing for one of you to betray your partner an share something only u two should I hate cheating liars

What Guys Said 25

• Whether you have been in a relationship with someone for 1 year or 10 years, she cannot be trusted once cheating takes place. Other than doing it while held in Gunpoint, there is no excuse for cheating, even if you were wrong. Meaning that if there was something wrong with you then he/she shouldve broken up with you instead. Instead of breaking the relationship by cheating.

• I would break up and never see them again. Non-negotiable.

• I have done so in the past, couldn't give a straight answer. Depends on the person, and the way they cheated.

At the end of the day, they've betrayed my trust and if they don't show enough drive to regain it, then there's no point forgiving them as s relationship can't work without trust.

• They were under pressure and gave in and failed, that was their chance, they blew it. Why would she have to be ready or get another one? Wasn't she not supposed to cheat in the first place? Do I have to tell her not to cheat?

• I did once, wish I didn't but... I mean highly possible that I would not but depends on the person.

• Nope they are dead to me after that.

• I will forgive and understand it..
    Anyone of us could do that, at that time u will wish yr partner to forgive u

• Did once. Won't do it again

• Yes if she gaves me a valid reason and explaination on why she cheated on me. However, my motto is "Forgive but never forget".

• Never

• No..

• Nope, I would only spit in their direction to spit right in their face

• I know its stupid but yes

• If the person is actually sorry, and wants to get back together but if she's already moved on and doesn't regret it or want to continue it would be best to cut ties.

• Nope never because if you cheat you break the trust between us

• depends on how much i like her. did it a few times before. always end badly though

• Yes, but I will never date them again because they cheated on me

• Nooo! Never!

• Never.
    I will simply make her life miserable.

• Never

• Sure if they let agree to watch me fuck someone in front of them then they swallow my nut

• It would hurt me very bad if I was cheated on. If I was cheated on I would never date anyone again.

• I have cheated and have been cheated on. I would be a hypocritical to day other wise

• I once thought I did and later ended up cheating on her, in part because I didn't fully, truly forgive her and was still angry about it.

• It's worse when they lie straight @ your face with stupid denials. Automatically I FUCKIN KNOW your lying to me and that right there is a disrespect and it's on me now to fuckin snap and return the favor.

• It depends but probably yeah

What Girls Said 12

• Ain't got time for that. Even if I loved them and threw away all self respect to "make it work" I'll always be drowning in resentment every time I look at them and think about that betrayal. Which honestly just sounds like self harm so absolutely not.

• It’s hard to say what I’d do because I’ve never really been in a real relationship yet but there’s one particular instance I know I can forgive cheating. If I’m neglecting my boyfriend/ husband and he tries to tell me but I don’t listen and don’t change what I’m doing... I feel I can’t really be upset that he cheated. But if I’m doing everything within my knowledge to make sure I’m being a good girlfriend / wife and he still steps out on the relationship... I don’t think I’d want to be with him anymore.

Cheating is always a choice and someone has numerous times during the planning period to say whether or not they’ll cheat. There will always be temptation no matter what, if they choose to give into it, that’s not a man I need in my life

• HELL NO~NEVER TAKE A CHEATER BACK! Life is too short to waste time on somebody thats ALREADY fucked you over... in the very lowest, demeaning way possible. And with 7.6 billion people in the World~why chance them doing it again? Wow... if i had the chance to live my life over again. .. Id be walking on the 1's that I THOUGHT were the best

• Never.

• Should be a third option for it depends. The circumstances around the cheating impact a lot on the outcome. But in some cases it might be forgiveable.

• If he cheated, he's garbage to me...

• No... I would feel too betrayed. I don't know how other people do it.

• No, l wouldn't forgive.

• Yes, because I don't even believe in the concept of cheating in the first place, a man should be free. It's so selfish to expect him to act as if I was the only female in the whole world, when there were 154684154 others he could like or be with, Doesn't mean I wouldn't be jealous though.

• Never.

• Absolutely not

• I once did. It was a weird situation. We got together right after he broke up with his ex-girlfriend. A few months after we got together, he went back to his hometown, and they hooked up. I didn't know until months later. I felt that something was wrong, and though I would not usually do that, I looked at his texts. And he had texts from his ex. But basically it was saying that it was a big mistake and he shouldn't have done it and he's in love with me. I felt upset obviously, so I asked him about it. He said they were drunk and old feelings or habit came up, and that he has regretted it ever since but didn't want to tell me because it was his mistake and his burden to carry. I didn't speak to him for almost a month while thinking about what to do. But in the end, I knew I trusted him when he said it was a drunk mistake and that it would never happen again. We've been together for 5 years now. If it happens again, I will not forgive him. Fool me once...

• Hi... I kinda am in the same situation... can u trust him? Are u happy with him?

• Yeah... I already did that I just... it’s like sometimes I trust he didn’t do it on purpose and would never cheat and others I’m just so afraid he did and will... and I’m afraid I’ll always feel this way,.. I’m gonna put here the question if u feel like giving your opinion I would appreciate! https://www. girlsaskguys. com/relationships/q2757544-was-this-cheating-could-he-not-know