Is this a good way to break the awkward tension/ice?

I sort of got caught awkward staring/glancing at this guy in my project group.. and he's noticed and once he's stared back after I've stopped looking with a wtf look. Now that the awkward staring/glancing thing has happened, I'm going to see him again for a group meeting. Should I pull out the excuse "hey did you go to such and such a camp, school, workplace etc... you look familar?" even though I know his name and know its no one I would. In his mind would he think that's why there was awkward staring or is it a pickup line lol. I do like him but in my early twenties have no dating experience so that makes me unsure/shy sometimes...especially cz I have been rejected by guys.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• That's actually a good conversation starter. It will definitely break the awkwardness.