3 unanswered texts over 2 week period; time to move on?

Cant understand how this happened...everything was going fine (slow but fine-just texting and meeting up with mutual friends) then all of a sudden nothing. Do all women just ignore guys they don't like just to get rid of them? can't believe this shy girl that I thought was really cool could turn around and behave like this? Any thoughts?
Thanks for all the answers, fair enough if she didn't see it going anywhere, but why would any girl think it acceptable to just stop contact with someone like a 5 year old. Surely she couldve just text back and said something like, look, I don't see this working out etc...We are both in the same college class and have a good few mutual friends so it's not like we will never see each other again. Now she has made things awkward for everyone around us the next time the group meets up.
After contacting a mutual friend to know if she had been talking to the girl I like, got no reply from the friend, then boom text from the girl I like today saying sorry she had been busy, hoped I was enjoying summer and the talk to you soon :) yada yada...sounds like I'm wasting my time here I think. Feel so stupid, have wasted months trying to get her! :/ oh well

72

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly a lot of girls don't text back explaining they are not interested anymore etc etc because so many guys DONT LISTEN. they hear what they want to. or if she says nah I'm busy, or don't really like you they interpret it as oh she is playing hard to get..or ill try again next week maybe she will change her mind. so honestly sometimes girls learn that jsut to ignore is the easiest way. because in a lot of guys mind they seem to think if she replies she must be interested in some way because guys seem to only reply to girls when they are interested or want something from her so they think it works the same way.

the reason for her sudden lack of interest could actually be a number of things. quite possibly she could have already been seeing someone and was using you as a distraction or temporary rebound. however when the guy she really liked was interested or got back with an ex she no longer needed you or simply lost interest in you all together because her infatution or love for this other person over powdered it. when someone really likes/ loves another person basically nothing you say or do will change that.