My ex-boyfriend unfollowed me on instagram

I know this is a very shallow question, I mean who the hell cares? It’s instagram, for Pete’s sake! I should just cry it out, have a drink, and let it go... But it's only been a couple of weeks since he broke up with me, with still some very strong feelings and even crying during the break up. The reason? He felt like it was getting too serious, that he saw me as a life time partner but he was too young, lost and needed to focus on himself before having such a serious relationship, he couldn't give me what I wanted...he was acting really cold and distant before the breakup, not writing, calling me and getting angry for the stupidest things, his feelings for me somehow decreased. And I know I haven't been perfect either, maybe I asked for too much, but I still believed we would do some efforts and work on this relationship of one year. til the very end...Instead he wanted to break up, and I let him go telling him if he was determined to leave, I will not stand in his way. The last thing I want to be is the girl who would beg for him to stay when he clearly don't feel like it (what's the point of being with someone who doesn't even know what he feels for you anymore and started treating you so badly?). So I told him it would be preferable if we didn't talk to each other for a while because I was too hurt, but still remain in contact later on when things will be less heated up, he answered that if we're meant to be will find a way to each other and that he wanted to keep in touch and he understood if I didn't want to talk to him for a while since he made me suffer too much. I was the first girl he ever fell in love with, but somehow with this unfollowing thing on instagram, I feel confused, he kept all of his ex's but I was simply dismissed. I feel like he wants to move on so quickly, and that he would not be this kind of person, I mean I'm still following him, even though it hurts I don't want to just erase him out of my life as if nothing ever happened. I still care for him, we're already not talking to each other for now...why jump to this so fast? We're still friends on Facebook, I'm not very active on there so maybe he won't unfriend me (but that's still a harsh possibility). I'm pretty active on instagram as it's more private. Maybe he's sick and tired of seeing me? I have no idea what could possibly go through his head, as a guy could someone help me understand? I would be very thankful and I know I shouldn't over-think this kind of things, but you know...When someone counted this much for you you just lose it for the most smallest things.

1315

Most Helpful Guy

• So you answered your question in the first mini-graph meaning that you're looking for consolation that you dated someone who was (objectively) a moron who took to the oldest nonsense EVER CREATED as a reason to escape the pressures that he was feeling. Normally I wouldn't touch this with a 20 foot pole ATTACHED to a 200 foot pole but I feel bad for you simply because he even fed you the textbook "If we're meant to be, we will be" bullsh*t.

You cry over a man you should beat. Think how cliche EVERYTHING sounds for a moment; you talk about not wanting to be the girl standing in his way, I get that, but take note of how this dude is "that guy" from that one sh*tty ass movie who somehow screws sh*t up and then magically gets his act together, comes back, and in a little while is just as sh*tty as he started. Remember that romantic tragedy comedy thing? No? Oh. Well. Whatever it's him; he's literally a trope, so ...

That's like crying over a cartoon character. Yes, I get it, emotional investment, boohoo, don't get wrong you have plenty of reason to cry but please put it in perspective. Dis hoe be like "I can't stand to look at the love of my life which I abandoned so I'mma have to just not stare at her because ... " <<<<< HOW THE F*** IS THAT LOGIC?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • not stare at her because...I'm a moron? I got what you were saying :)

Your answer made my day, ha ha Thank you for your time and consideration.I'm not looking for consolation to be honest (knowing the question is quite, well...pathetic), just a guy's perspective on this, he's my first serious relationship, and also my first break up, I needed some explanation either negative or positive to see things clearly and finally move on the right way.

• But he's the type who's too proud so will see maybe he will, maybe he won't. In any case...I'm even prouder so don't worry I won't make any moves because I'm not the one who decided to end up our relationship.

Bet is on! :)

• Wondrous.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl, as crazy as it sounds, ironically I'm in your SAME position right now! It hurts so bad, and all I could do is stay serious. Except in my case, he started following a girl he liked before me, but still unfollowed me. It made me mad but I can't say anything because after he dumped me, I started following my ex. I hate all this situation

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE