My boyfriend choked me...

A random number called my phone yesterday, and my boyfriend thought I was cheating on him and he choked me really badly.

It hurts to swallow, my neck is bruised and protruding out. He apologized and said he loves me. He even has my name tattooed over his heart (it's his only tattoo).

I finally built the courage to leave today, but I am an emotional wreck and I don't know what to do. He said if I tell the cops he would kill me and my family...and I believe it because of what he did to me.

I also think he is part of the mob, because he has some very strange connections and talks about the mob a lot. I know if I got him locked up, he would send someone else after me because he actually said it.

I did not involve myself in this relationship knowing he was like this, he portrayed himself as a loyal, loving, hard-working, family guy. He told me he had hit his ex girlfriend too, causing her to move to Florida.

110

Most Helpful Girl

• what an insecure nutcase, I'm so glad you left him! if he's making death threats if you tell on him I would probably let it go seeing as he choked you so bad you bruised. I wouldn't want him to hurt your family too. I would say it was an empty threat to scare you away from putting him in jail but if he makes a lot of odd mobster references and is big and strong you'll just antagonise him into harming you further.

you need to cut all contact and move yourself and your family away, that guy right there is a controlling, paranoid woman beater plain and simple, its those guys that have abusive relationships where they beat then cry and apologize and say they love you and theyll never do it again and then they go right on and hit you again and again. no wonder his ex moved away from him, he's the type to latch onto someone and cut them off from others and control them.

getting a tattoo of your name on his chest is insane after 5 months, I wouldn't even get one of my husbands name and only consider my children (I think name tattoos are tacky but children are forever so its not like they can dump you and leave you with a name tattoo)