My boyfriend choked me...

A random number called my phone yesterday, and my boyfriend thought I was cheating on him and he choked me really badly.

It hurts to swallow, my neck is bruised and protruding out. He apologized and said he loves me. He even has my name tattooed over his heart (it's his only tattoo).

I finally built the courage to leave today, but I am an emotional wreck and I don't know what to do. He said if I tell the cops he would kill me and my family...and I believe it because of what he did to me.

I also think he is part of the mob, because he has some very strange connections and talks about the mob a lot. I know if I got him locked up, he would send someone else after me because he actually said it.

I did not involve myself in this relationship knowing he was like this, he portrayed himself as a loyal, loving, hard-working, family guy. He told me he had hit his ex girlfriend too, causing her to move to Florida.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• what an insecure nutcase, I'm so glad you left him! if he's making death threats if you tell on him I would probably let it go seeing as he choked you so bad you bruised. I wouldn't want him to hurt your family too. I would say it was an empty threat to scare you away from putting him in jail but if he makes a lot of odd mobster references and is big and strong you'll just antagonise him into harming you further.

you need to cut all contact and move yourself and your family away, that guy right there is a controlling, paranoid woman beater plain and simple, its those guys that have abusive relationships where they beat then cry and apologize and say they love you and theyll never do it again and then they go right on and hit you again and again. no wonder his ex moved away from him, he's the type to latch onto someone and cut them off from others and control them.

getting a tattoo of your name on his chest is insane after 5 months, I wouldn't even get one of my husbands name and only consider my children (I think name tattoos are tacky but children are forever so its not like they can dump you and leave you with a name tattoo)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• If you live together, move away from him, and either way you just lose all contact with him. You can talk to the doctor about your neck and tell him what happened, they aren't allowed to report it further.

1|0
    0|0
  • well honestly the dude sounds like a typical insecure woman beater. good thing you got out before it had the chance to get worse. how long were you guys together before he got the tattoo for u. if you were together for les than a year it sounds like you had yourself a guy that was drowning in infatuation. if one random phone call is enough for him to think you are cheating and then strangle you, he is a nut bag that's obsessed with you or were there any other reasons to think you were cheating? but even if there were other hints of cheating there is never any reason for a man to put his hands on a woman in a threatening way. don't worry... you did the right thing. just be safe please. a restraining order may be needed...

1|0
    0|0
    • We were together for 5 months before he got the tattoo. And in all honesty, any person in their right mind would not have thought that I was cheating from a phone call.. it turns out that the number even belonged to a girl! He was still questioning me about it like I was trying to hide something. :' (

• Call the police. Everybody assumes that people can get around the police, just like in the movies, but they are allot better at their jobs than you would assume.

0|0
    0|0
  • You've got a bad boy.

Every woman's dream.

What's the problem?

Relish in it, enjoy the wild ride!

0|0
    1|0
  • Good job leaving him. Guys who are really in the mob generally don't talk about it I think...

0|0
    0|0
  • Leaving him was a good idea You wouldn't want him to break your neck

0|0
    0|0
  • Call the police. He will do no such thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was you I'd file a police report right away.

0|0
    0|0
  • seriously, call the authorities. He's more than likely to do it again regardless. Just because you do what he says doesn't mean you, you're family is anymore safe.

"He told me he had hit his ex girlfriend too, causing her to move to Florida." double red flag here, beat his old GF's enough to make them move out of state.

Do something before you get physically hurt more are worse he kills you.

0|0
    0|0
  • So now that it's over, were you cheating?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, not at all. I would never cheat on him. In fact, I did not have sex with anyone for 3 years until I met him and he knows this.

• ok wow 5 months and got a tattoo... did this guy have a lot of gf's before u? my guess would be no. yea watch out for dudes that become infatuated fast. I know it may make you feel good but they tend to be the overly jealous, suspicious types

• Oddly enough, he has had a good amount of girlfriends. He never had a problem getting women; he's attractive, makes good money, educated, fancy car, and so on.

I will learn to watch out for those who become infatuated quickly in the future. Indeed, it made me feel great, but apparently I wasn't living a reality.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes