Caught boyfriend "sexting" one of his close friends, should I forgive him?

My boyfriend and I have been together for a year. The first few months were rocky as he still held baggage from his past relationship. He was insecure and deeply depressed. Things got better for the both of us and I could feel he was falling for me. He went out of his way for me, introduced me to family, extremely affectionate and always making plans with me. We even made long term plans happening next year. All of his friends know about me and I have met those closest to him.

Two nights ago his phone kept going off while he slept, I went to put it on silent went a message from one of his close friends caught my eye. They have been friends for 10 years and I have hung out with her on several occasions. She was saying extremely flirty things, he responded with stuff like "what pants are you wearing?" "I want you here now" "I really fancy you". She then tried to get him to meet up with her and at this point he seemed dismissive then starting to ignore her. It was only one night of texting, funnily enough a night where I ignored him because I was busy with friends.

I broke down into hysterics. When I explained what I had just found he broke down too. He said sorry about a million times and was as white as a sheet. The whole of the next day he lay there stating at me then crying then apologizing. He keeps saying he's insecure and was just waiting on me leaving him as his ex had done. Its his dads death anniversary and he is under a lot of stress. He keeps phoning me and texting me begging me to forgive him. He was a total zombie, I can tell he feels so remorseful and he keeps promising he will never do it again. He said he felt that he was falling for me and freaked out. What should I do?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• well if I was you I wouldn't take him back but that doesn't mean You shouldn't forgive. Like there is a difference, as people say 'if they do it once, they will do it again' now this doesn't apply to all people but I have seen it happen like 'once a cheat, always a cheat' is the saying. unfortunately this can be true but if you forgive and you want him back them make sure its on your terms. I would wait a while before you do. See if he fights to get you back. if he really loves you. you might say he already does but if he truly loved you he wouldn't of done what he did. He shouldn't use his past as a bargaining tool. everyone has had bad things in their past. I would know I seem to have a rocky life my self and I'm only 20. If he really loves you he will wait to gain your respect and trust back so don't be to quick to forgive him

1|0
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah forgive him because women these days don't respect themselves. Oh heck invite her in the relationship and have a polyamorus home. But if you care about yourself and want a relationship that is true and loving then find a real man that has good morales. Respect yourself and prove that there is hope for women in this world.

0|0
    0|1
  • Why are you stalking and invading his privacy?

You obviously never trusted him if you were going through his phone.

Even if something "caught your eye", you didn't trust that your boyfriend would dismiss another womans advance.

Shame on you.

0|1
    0|1
  • If he was dismissive of this other lady, as you indicated, then you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Something has to actually *happen* to make this an offense worth getting upset over.

0|0
    0|1
  • Yes sure

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 1

• I doubt he will do it again, but tell him he has to tell his chick friend that he is off-limits, if they wanna still be friends.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes