Do guys not like being called 'cute'?

I call my boyfriend cute all the time, he seems to not be bothered by it. But my ex hated it, do you guys hate being called cute?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• some guys don't like to be called cute. The word "cute" can be used to insult a mans masculinity. ... maybe I should put this in terms that'd be easier to understand... When you call a man cute, he'll think that you're going to pinch the cheeks on his face and such. It's like calling a man a boy. Inside we think you're trying to insult us.

Don't use the word cute unless your with your friends, talking about kids, looking at clothes, or with a pet but don't call your boyfriend that. Instead you should just call him babe, honey, hun, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some girls use 'cute' to mean 'sweet in a naively innocent sort of way that I want to hug but would never ever fool around with'. That would be a bad thing.

Others use 'cute' as their standard word for 'attractive'. That is a good thing.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• It can sound as if you are referring him to as childish, so you might just want to refer him to it in private, but most of the time, guys will take it as a compliment and not react, but you do get the ones who feel as if its an attack on their manliness lol,x

0|0
    0|0
  • Like you already noticed, it strongly depends on the guy. Some may like it, some will hate it. It wouldn't bother me, but I don't particularly love to be called like that 10x a day, every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • no not really but I kinda like being called big as in sizable because I'm 6' 2" kinda skinny but not a shriveled up rasin I weigh about 125-130... kilos (no not really) but I have mildy broad shoulders I just like being sort of bigger than girls I like to imagine that they look up to me sorta

0|0
    0|0
  • There are guys who can't take cute as a compliment. I can tell you that I'd take being called cute as a compliment.

This is because girls who call me cute usually have sex with me.

Would you like it if men called you handsome? :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Well ,Many guys think that being called cute is a girly thing

but I think , A compliment is a compliment .

doesn't matter from whom it's coming.. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on how the girl says it. If she says "aww you're cute" then I wouldn't like that. But if a girl said it like in a flirty way like "you're cute ;)" then I would like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly Cute seems to be the kind I'd guy who gets stuck in friend zone. I am shy so if I were called cute it would only reemphisize my insecurities and stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys are so insecure that unless they are called "hot" or "sexy", they think said girl doesn't find him sexually desirable!

0|0
    0|0
    • Btw I consider being called cute as a low-key way of her saying that I'm attractive... not many girls are bold enough to tell a guy in a public setting with other people around that a guy is sexy or hot! :-P

• I used to have a problem with it but then my girlfriend explained that she means it in a different way to how I take it. Cute, in a sexual way, not cute in a kitten way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys are more used to trying to get to be told as "hot".

I don't really care because I'm taken and she likes me for what we do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like when a girl calls me cute but at the same time I'm a bit shy so yea.

0|0
    0|0
  • if you call a guy cute its like saying a girl is a cheap ugly slut if not worse. a girl is cute calling a guy cute is a good way to insult him.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd let you call me cute. You'd rather eat your own excrement though.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's annoying. I was called cute by a coworker today & it rustled my jimmies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cute is not manly. Bunnies are cute. Men are sexy. ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • cute=friendzoned=rejection

cute=rejected

0|0
    0|1
  • no not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • cute is a better word to describe kittens and puppies, not guys. but it's not that big a deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Puppies are cute, I'm handsome dammit!

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I wouldn't hate it and nor would I love it.

I would prefer being given high compliments by my girlfriend; such as handsome, gorgeous etc etc.

But to spice things up from time to time I wouldn't mind being called cute; heck, I would use various compliments to my girlfriend

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It seems like guys often don't like it. They take it as rejection or a bad thing when it's actually supposed to be a good thing. If you two are close or he has told you that he doesn't mind, then I wouldn't worry about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • They think its unmanly

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes