Do guys not like being called 'cute'?

I call my boyfriend cute all the time, he seems to not be bothered by it. But my ex hated it, do you guys hate being called cute?

322

Most Helpful Guys

• some guys don't like to be called cute. The word "cute" can be used to insult a mans masculinity. ... maybe I should put this in terms that'd be easier to understand... When you call a man cute, he'll think that you're going to pinch the cheeks on his face and such. It's like calling a man a boy. Inside we think you're trying to insult us.

Don't use the word cute unless your with your friends, talking about kids, looking at clothes, or with a pet but don't call your boyfriend that. Instead you should just call him babe, honey, hun, etc.

• Some girls use 'cute' to mean 'sweet in a naively innocent sort of way that I want to hug but would never ever fool around with'. That would be a bad thing.

Others use 'cute' as their standard word for 'attractive'. That is a good thing.