Ex-boyfriend (of 3 years) calls me a whore, other disrespectful names?

My ex-boyfriend and I have tried to remain friends since he left me 10 months ago. I was extremely bitter about the break-up, but after a few weeks of it being over he contacted me to be friends, which I was cautious about because I still had feelings for him. But ever since, I have put aside my bitterness and anger towards him so we can be friends, but while he was the one who left me because he wanted to be independent and single and happier, I would think he wouldn't be such a dick now. He has been horrible to me, he talks to me on the phone twice a week, and every time, he ends up causing an argument about the most ridiculous things; I am always on my toes when talking to him, because I want to avoid confrontations, but he is the opposite and I feel like he has a lot of anger towards me (but I never did anything during the relationship or after to make him like this). If anything, I have always resented him more for leaving me, but worked on those feelings and put them to rest so we can make this friendship work. He cannot do that, he really hurts my feelings when we talk, calling me a "two-bit whore", slag, bitch, third-class whore, the list is never-ending. The worst part is, he was the first guy I had slept with, and has been the only guy till this day which he knows and it breaks my heart that he think this way of me.I know he obviously thinks he is always right when there is an argument and not at fault, ever, but I also am so hurt that after he talks like that to me, I am left so hurt and heart-broken but he doesn't care and doesn't even know how much he has hurt me. A few days later, he will call, and act as if nothing happened. He always ends up making me feel like I am the one in the wrong, whereas I am always the one who avoids talking to him because he starts arguing for no reason. He has disrespected me so much and hurt my feelings so much by the nasty things he has said to me, I have started to believe those things he calls me and I feel really low.

04

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude has mental issues. Don't talk to him anymore. He calls you those things because he knows it hurts you since he has been your only sex partner. Get rid of the loser and fast or he WILL drag you down. You deserve better.